Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy cupcake / fairy cake / bun recipe

Options
  • 14-03-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Can anyone share a really easy cupcake recipe?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

i know the measurements are in imperial, but it's the easiest way to remember them:

5oz self-raising flour
    5oz caster sugar
    5oz butter
    4 eggs
    2 tsps vanilla extract
    1tsp baking powder

(this recipe makes approx 18 cupcakes/muffins)

1. Preheat oven to 180 deg. (fan oven, adjust according to your oven type)
    2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (preferably with an electric mixer)
    3. Add eggs, one by one, beating after each addition and adding vanilla extract with the last one (still with the mixer)
    4. Sieve in flour and baking powder and fold in with a large spoon until well combined
    5. Spoon into tins and cook for 17-22mins
    6. Cool before decorating with buttercream icing
    Hope that's of some use to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

perfect simple recipe for 8 buns (perfect for 2 each in our house)

50g self raising flour
    50g caster sugar
    50g butter(softened)
    1 egg

Put all in a bowl and beat with a hand held mixer until blended

Into bun cases and bake at 180 for 18- 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Sound thanks, I'll try that recipe next :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I've also been looking for a recipe, so thanks to everyone who gave theirs :)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make / get pretty coloured icing for the top of the cupcakes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

If you make a simple buttercream or glace icing you can use some liquid food colouring (Tesco, Dunnes, etc, 85c or something) to colour them, for example if you buy the red one you can do all shades of pink from that.

You can buy proper colourings too but the ones I mentioned are fine to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

also if you add cocoa it will give you different shadeds of brown if you dont want to usefood colouring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Actually yeah if you mix a small amount of melted milk chocolate into the buttercream it looks lovely and firms up really well.

Advertisement