Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bonnet vibrating

• 14-03-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

My bonnet is having some serious vibrations when i pick up some speed. All around the edges of the bonnet and where the latch is are fine, its just directly below the center of the windscreen is where the problem is. I notice is vibrate allot of i go over 60Kph. I there any little clips or anything i can buy to lock it down securely?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

what car is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

yes you can buy bonnet catches, usually used for people running Carbon bonnets. Though i would try fix the problem before id start fitting catches, did you check the hinges are on tight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Sorry its a 00 ford focus with a carbon fiber bonnet. Everything seems fine that physically connects to the car its just this area right below the center of the windscreen, its got a slight gap maybe 4mm and its there that the vibrations occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

That happens with CF bonnets because they are so much lighter than standard. As above, invest in some bonnet catches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Not to sound like a smart arse or anything, but unless your a damn fast runner and can feel it vibrating, I'd say it's just the bumps and textures of the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 C.Rizzle

I had the same problem on my integra,
    when i picked up speed ya wud see a small bit of movment.
    Its from the wind underneat, But maybe your bonnett rubbers
    havent been adjusted since u put the Carbon bonnet on.
    There a black rubber thing that u can turn left and right to move
    up and down. Try that and if that dont work get sume bonnet pins man

Advertisement