Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ID tags?

Options
  • 14-03-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Do most key cutting places do these? Zooplus don't seem to do them and Mollys.ie are €10 which I thought was a bit much for a little ID tag? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

In some pet shops they do them, but the ones I got were €10 in Sully's, so I dunno if other shops are cheaper or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

€10 can be about the price but should be a good quality tag that will last.
    I have the same tags for years from identitag they are around that price, but you can engrave lots of info. on them and they do last.

Some have a picture on one side and only can engrave on the other but the identitag you can egrave on both sides the more info. the better. Esp. phone numbers esp. as phone numbers can change so handy to have a few on there.

http://www.identitag.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

For a really top quality one I got one of these for my Mum's dog:-
    http://www.thepettagstore.com/

Costs €12.

But for my own dogs I just went to my local locksmith & they stamped name and number on a tag. Cost around €3.50. Does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

www.boomerangtags.com is a great place to get them. They put whatever you want on them and you get loads of space, not just the standard one line of each side. They deliver too and it's quite speedy. Definately recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

I used Identitag recently (as linked above) for my two dogs. The price was amazing - less than £10 for 2 tags, including shipping, and they have name, "I am microchipped and spayed" on the front, then full address and phone number on the back.

Very good value, and really good quality too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

Really lovely and very durable tags on www.fido.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

ebay!!

I got some really cool lightweight ones for my cat - could be engraved on both sides, and got three of them for the price of one of them in my local shop! Handy to have spares in case the collars fall off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Starlights

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Unigrave__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Really good tags
    Really cheap and fast delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got our pups one from this seller on ebay He has the dark blue bone one as well as his fido.ie tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Loads of choices there, thanks everyone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

we got a basic tag for our dog at the local hardware store, €5 to have anything that fits engraved onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

www.boomerangtags.com is a great place to get them. They put whatever you want on them and you get loads of space, not just the standard one line of each side. They deliver too and it's quite speedy. Definately recommend them.

just looking at these as i'd prefer a tag that actually went on the collar itself, rather than dangling down (these tend to get lost and broken off with my lot) but i notice they are based in the US? do you remember how long the delivery took?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I just got a tag (engraved both sides) from Pet Stop in Blanchardstown Retail Park. It was about €7.50 I think. They have a couple different sizes & shapes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I got my dog 2 tags off ebay for a really good price of £2.19 including engraving and postage from England. Still on the first tag as previous ones from other places have broke and this has been on atleast a year. You can get really good quality ones on ebay for really good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Mr Thomas Bramley Stripes my kitten displaying his newly acquired tag! Bell not included!

25975_378772702740_698977740_4173219_648073_n.jpg

Advertisement