Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grout problem

• 14-03-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I've recently had my bathroom tiled and the tiler failed to wipe the grout off the tiles! The grout has now dried into my beautiful tiles and mosaic. Please please help me. How can I remove the dried in grout from my tiles???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭skingtile

there is a product called grout away that may do the job for you depending on how porous your tile is, can be bought in tile shops, follow instructions on bottle, use of a fine scouring pad may also be necessary. it will be a slow tedious job. if perchance your tiles are porcelan or the like that would have required sealing prior to grouting then you will only be able to slightly improve appearance and tiles have been ruined, hope this is not the case

www.bathroombliss.info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

had a similar problem recently with a porclin tile. householder went away and left me with no keys to get in to clean them after grouting. i tried all the usual plastiplugs tile cleaners but none worked. i then found a bottle of brick and tile cleaner in woddies and i could see it had the corrosive label on it and decided to give it a try. it was half the price of the other brands and cleaned them first time.the name of it escapes me but when applied i could see it reacting with the dirt that had absorbed into the tile.

Advertisement