Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bulbs to use in down lighters??

Options
  • 14-03-2010 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,just wondering what type iof bulb I should be using in my down lighters?

I have 16 down lighters in my living area and then 14 in my kitchen area.

Whats best to use for keeping the leccy bills down?

Also,a sales person in a light shop recently told me that these new LED down light bulbs cannot be used with a dimmer sw!tch as you cant dim LEDs.

Is that true??

So whats best for a living area and kitchen area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

they can be dimmed if you have suitable led lights and controls

prob not the standard gu10 type though

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hohojojo

there is dimable leds out now but they are really expensive the last time i checked they were like 50 euro each and they look a little different to standard leds

there is also the control route but you'd end up with a nice big box on the wall

i'd advise you to wait a little longer and you'll be able to get a direct changeover lamp soon enough

but if you want to change now you could try the mid range 3 watt warm white lamps and take the dimmer off them they should give you enough light with out over powering you there are reasonably price in the electrical wholesalers now around 7-8 euro or you could get them off ebay

all you have to do is make sure of the lamp ie gu10 (mains no trafo) or mr16 (small trafo above fitting )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 variolighting

Hi paddy,

Thats not really true. I would say that the LED's that guy was trying to land you with wont dim.

LED's Can be dimmed.

Beware what you buy when it comes to LED's..

Cheers,

Liam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi paddy,

Thats not really true. I would say that the LED's that guy was trying to land you with wont dim.

LED's Can be dimmed.

Beware what you buy when it comes to LED's. If you need ifno just give me a shout.

Cheers,

Liam.

Hi there,can you tell me if your LED bulbs are suitable for a living area,(no harsh light)
    Can your LED bulbs deffinately be dimmed down and up?
    What is the realistic lifespan of them in an average household?
    Do they use much electricity?

And also,Can you PM me more info please and give me your best price for 16-20 of your LED bulbs please.I can call and collect in person if need be.

To variolighting.

I want to potentially buy quite a few led lights off you.

Can you give me a price for these LED lights of yours???

Thats all I want.

I have read all the technical posts of yours about how superior your LED lights are to others,but you seem to be avoiding giving a price for your LEDs,when you are asked about price.

So can you simply tell me the price per each LED light please.

Thankyou.:)

• Advertisement

they seem (seemed:D) to be design and manufacture

M cebee wrote: »
    they seem (seemed:D) to be design and manufacture

His posts and other threads have been deleted,he said that he sells to domestic aswelll, and that his lights can be dimmed and will last for years and years compared to other LED lights.

There is also a review on a blog from someone who bought these LED lights.And he rates them highly

I simply want a price,thats all........................a simple price

Is that too much to ask for or expect from someone when they are wanting or trying to plug/sell their own brand of light???

nobody would know fact from fiction if everybody was here to plug something

I decided to give Vario Lighting a call this morning and had a nice chat with the chap,and he spoke to me in simple plain english and gave me prices too.Hes out the door with work at present so he has barely had time to look at the internet.

Nice chap to speak to and was happy with the chat with him.

Hi guys just thought i would pop by and say hello..

I Dare not say much else ........ lol as my posts may get deleted again !! :)

Anyhows im still about if you guys need info etc on Proper LED Lighting.

Cheers,

Liam.

From Variolighting.. ( This is my user name as well as my company name ) I dont see why it should be an issue to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi guys just thought i would pop by and say hello..

I Dare not say much else ........ lol as my posts may get deleted again !! :)

Anyhows im still about if you guys need info etc on Proper LED Lighting.

Cheers,

Liam.

From Variolighting.. ( This is my user name as well as my company name ) I dont see why it should be an issue to use it.
    variolighting

there is no big issue with your company name in a sig. There are plenty of posters here who work for/own companies that's not an issue. What is an issue is inviting posters to PM or "give you a shout" If you have good decent info please share it we all want to learn here.

Good info is good press, as is good feedback from other users, we don't make the rules here, please feel free to advise about the best LEDs, talk about brands etc, you just can't direct people to your web site or invite them to contact you off boards to sell them products. However with your name in a sig and some good advice people will figure out where to go. We can add your company to the list of LED lighting suppliers on the front page stickey upon your request but that's about as much as can be done.

Please stay on the forum, the more infomed posters the better.:)

Im Glad thats cleared up....

Ok guys rather than pm or shout me re LED Lighting, just post your question on the boards and i will do my best to give you some well informed answers.

Cheers,

Liam Ellis.

Vario Lighting.

Advertisement