Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to France on extended holiday?

Options
  • 14-03-2010 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi there,

Looking for advice on moving to France for the summer months. I'm in between jobs and I'm looking for somewhere cheap to live as I'll be living off my savings. Preferably in the south of France but I'm not fussy (so long as it's not Paris!) and a studio apartment is fine. And if there is anything else I need to know, please let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from travel, I think you'll get better answers here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cognac123

Hi there,

Looking for advice on moving to France for the summer months. I'm in between jobs and I'm looking for somewhere cheap to live as I'll be living off my savings. Preferably in the south of France but I'm not fussy (so long as it's not Paris!) and a studio apartment is fine. And if there is anything else I need to know, please let me know! Thanks!

I think the South of France is pretty good.I spent about a month in the
    Nice area.I had lived in Paris for about 2 months and I confess I did not
    like Paris very much,too impersonal,too stressful,too much like London.

Then I was living in the French Alps near the Swiss border for about 3 months.I liked it enough,beautiful scenery,quite pace of life,however I
    found the locals a little bit cold and aloof as well.

I must admit I do have a soft spot for the South of France.Lovely scenery,warm weather even during the winter months,good food and wine.The people in South of France in general are somewhat more
    relaxed,less stressed than they are in Paris.So I would go for the South
    of France.

Bonne chance...

Advertisement