Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 servers down? - Again?

Options
  • 14-03-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else having some serious connection issues with the PC version? All i've gotten for the last 2 days is "Cannot connect to EA online.". It's getting really irritating as I haven't played the game for more than maybe 2 hours because of all these connection problems.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Is anyone else having some serious connection issues with the PC version? All i've gotten for the last 2 days is "Cannot connect to EA online.". It's getting really irritating as I haven't played the game for more than maybe 2 hours because of all these connection problems.

Sorry but most people here who have been able to connect haven't been seeing these problems over the past few days.

According to DiCE the problem for most users is on their end (pc/router/ISP) so don't hold out too much hope for a patch to fix your problems (though it's not impossible!)

What have you tried in order to get it working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭extrinzic

If you have, for any reason, logged into the EA forums and changed your password, this will change the password for your profile in the game. I didn't realise this and inadvertently changed my password for my account in an attempt to ask a question on their forum. It took me a while to figure out that I needed to use the same password in game as in their forum. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Hey Guys,

I'm seeing a similar problem, where I can connect to the TIG server with a ping of 78 but after 3mins of game play I get disconnected.

Same thing happens on all other servers, its like something from EA is disconnecting me. And its always 3mins in.
    I've changed my router settings and have opened more ports than we have in this country ;-)

but to no avail.

@ partyinmygaff .. what bb provider are you using?

head wrecking stuff :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

DAZ, can you try disabling UPnP on your router ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I still have issues connecting and im level 13 or so. I just keep trying :(

• Advertisement

Hi Ponster,

Yeah , disabled it and again same issue

3mins in and I get disconnected, from reading online other are having the same problem really annoying as the game looks good.

I'm just reading through forums now to try and find a solution :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It is so so annoying and I only get the problem the odd time....I take it you have d/l the PBsetup.exe and manually update the app. I do it every day just to be sure.

Also make sure that the ports needed to play the game are indeed open in your Router and if still having trouble use the DMZ option in the router if you have one.

Also stop all the anti virus crap and disable both hardwall (Hardware) and softwall (software) firewalls till you get a solution. Then re active one by one when sorted.

@wonda-boy

Yeah I've manually updated the pb using the pbsetup.exe and also setup if the DMZ option.

Can someone list the ports for bfbc2, I've opened afew but just in case I've missed any.

thanks

Daz

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Same problem as Mr Daz.
    Can play for just over 2 minutes then I get the "Connection to EA server lost" message. :mad:
    Tried everything I could find online, without much luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry mate I cant give you the list off ports as I did not get a manual with the game I got it via STEAM.

But if you google it you can actually download the full manual in PDF format and the EA forums have the ports listed but you will have to troll the posts....I am in work at the minute and dont have the time soz mate.;)

• Advertisement

No hassle :-) I have the manual..and the ports I have open are

tcp

udp

Just as a test .. I've had BF2 running for 20mins now ..no problems

So its def an ea prob with BFBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Interesting...

Tried using a Vodafone 3G card instead on my O2 3G.

Terrible ping, team full of snipers but no "connection lost" error message!

So EA doesn't like O2?

Advertisement