Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars set on fire in Celbridge

Options
  • 14-03-2010 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

What the hell is going on

Im in Castletown and last night there was a Ford Mondeo in flames at the top of my road ,. Since Christmas this is the 3rd car that has been burnt out on my street . Is it happening anywhere else in Celbridge .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

It's only the grove, walled gardens, and castletown this is happening to.
    here's some pictures.
    Iv'e no pictures of the one in the park but ive a video if anyones intrested..
    theres a few burnt out mopeds in the grove aswell and the "f--- the kildare county council graffiti " its a bit funny.
    3864550724a12040276874l.jpg
    3864550724a12313108649l.jpg
    4409015493_59b4d56f22_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I Live in the Walled Gardens .The mondeo ( Second picture ) was last night . I watched it burn till the Fire Birgade turned up . Surprize Surprize the garda were nowhere to be seen . A nissan micra was lit the in January in the drive way of a house .

Micra in January

107659.jpg
    107660.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 SophieX

This was also happening in Maynooth. Strange it's now happening in Celbridge. The shower of scum that were at this in Maynooth have now left the area. Maybe they are now living in Celbridge. My heart goes out to you if the are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

The one in the driveway is really horrible , that's too close to the house !

To change the thread somewhat , there seems to be a plague of fires recently , a number of large trees in Castletown ( the parklands not the estate ) have been set on fire . Indeed on Sunday a gang of children were setting fires .

What can be done if anything to stop this menace ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

When did the one in the driveway happen? Just after the Henry handball incident perhaps?
    It looks like French Bouche-du-Rhone (13) plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

no the one in the driveway was around 4 to 5 weeks ago :mad:

Davidth88 wrote: »
    What can be done if anything to stop this menace ?

There is only one thing you can do and that's consistently contact the Gardai if you notice anything suspicious. It doesn't matter how trivia you think it maybe - just contact them.

Some neighbors in Maynooth decided to stand up to the people who were 'supposedly' behind similar crimes in the area and lets just say their lives were made a living hell for almost a year. It got so bad that some neighbors had to leave their home for a short period for safety.

As I've said before this all looks very familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

there was a car sent on fire in hazelhatch park (on the drive) a few months back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 resident1

Hi.I also live in the Walled Gardens.I like living here,but I'm getting concerned about the burnt out car trend.It looks terrible.I rang the gardai,and he told me that the Mondeo car was an electical fault,and that the owner,who lives in the Walled Gardens,parked it up on the path himself.Bit irresponsible to leave it so near the house! I think we will ALL have to be more vigilant and report anything dodgy. Look out for one another!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

daheff wrote: »
    there was a car sent on fire in hazelhatch park (on the drive) a few months back too.
    the bmw ?

• Advertisement

That's interesting regarding the electrical fault. When my friends car was burnt in her driveway it was insinuated that it was an electrical fault but in fact it was obvious somebody had messed with the electrics and that's were the fire began. The Gardai looked into it but she never heard another word again.

the bmw ?

yeah thats the one

another car burnt out in hazelhatch park last night.

:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Where in Maynooth was it happening?
    I have happily never seen a burnt out car there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i was out for a cycle there about two weeks ago and there was a car on the road to leixlip there was a car on fire there. there was 3 people there just watching the car go on fire. from what i cud pick up they had gotten out of the car so not sure was it an accident or on purpose as it was park on the path

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

daheff wrote: »
    another car burnt out in hazelhatch park last night.

:eek:

what part of the estate?, do you have any photos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

There was a car burnt out near the entrance to Ballyoulster earlier this week. Right outside the nursing home. Don't know if it actually happened there or if it was moved there,not sure why someone would move a burnt out car though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JDfan

Most likely the Dubs doing this :D

2 more cars burnt out in the walled Gardens last night

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

WIZE wrote: »
    2 more cars burnt out in the walled Gardens last night

:mad:

Do you know where exactly?

• Advertisement

they are still sitting at the end of the walled gardens accross the road from the Forest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

take photos ?

airmax87 wrote: »
    take photos ?

I will in the morning if you want:)

My boyfriend heard an explosion around 4am Sunday morning. We then saw the TWO burnt out cars as mentioned above,around the corner,later that day.It's such a quiet road,is that why they're dumping them here? And why are these skangers let get away with it?It makes the place look bad.:(

resident1 wrote: »
    My boyfriend heard an explosion around 4am Sunday morning. We then saw the TWO burnt out cars as mentioned above,around the corner,later that day.It's such a quiet road,is that why they're dumping them here? And why are these skangers let get away with it?It makes the place look bad.:(

Both cars are owned by people who live on the street .

127457.jpg

127458.jpg

Oh no, you're kidding. Any reason they were targeted?

In the last 9 months 5 cars have been burnt out in the Walled Gardens

Who ever is doing this is doing it for fun and watching the cars Burn from the Forest

When the first car was set on fire on Sunday morning around 4am the Garda and Fire Brigade showed up . about 20min after they left the second car was set on fire which means whoever did this hung around to watch what they did and did it again for the lols

I've lived here for 5 years, so I know about the other cars too, but it's just worrying me that it's been happening so often now.:mad:

i believe its going to happen again which is why I have a fire extinguisher in the hallway.

Not that its really going to help

• Advertisement

Better than nothing,I suppose! You're probably dreading every Saturday nite now, I tend to sleep thru anything! Something should be done, like more patrols by the gardai,but that will probably give them more kicks....

Advertisement