Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schoolboy/Youth Soccer

• 14-03-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Any threads/parts of the forum for discussing this? in particular, refs, leagues, clubs, training and playing facilities as well as links to online resources for coaches and managers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So a better version of foot.ie then?! :P

I think it would be quite a depressing thread/forum to be honest. I follow the Galway Soccer Forum and it's such a backwards set up here that I wonder how we have a team in the LOI premier division and two in the first division at all.

Could be a good thread though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

mars bar wrote: »
    So a better version of foot.ie then?! :P

I think it would be quite a depressing thread/forum to be honest. I follow the Galway Soccer Forum and it's such a backwards set up here that I wonder how we have a team in the LOI premier division and two in the first division at all.

Could be a good thread though...

Yes, much better, very specifically schoolboy soccer though. Loads of issues that spring to mind that I think need to be aired. Outside the old boys clubs and league commitees*.

* May or may not have an average age of 70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yes, much better, very specifically schoolboy soccer though. Loads of issues that spring to mind that I think need to be aired. Outside the old boys clubs and league commitees*.

* May or may not have an average age of 70

Sweet Jesus, this thread makes me really feel like a glory hunter!! :pac:

This could be decent thread though. People can post stories as to how to how their own seasons are going. I haven't seen a thread along these lines since i joined up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, this thread makes me really feel like a glory hunter!! :pac:

This could be decent thread though. People can post stories as to how to how their own seasons are going. I haven't seen a thread along these lines since i joined up!!

I think more coaching resources for managers would be useful, as well as genuine problems to do with leagues and referees for example. The positives and negatives of the NDSL/DDSL for example and how they could be improved.

There are other issues that could be discussed like to possibility of switching to summer football.

I'll start with a website many people might be aware of. It's a good online resource taking you step by step through different drills relevant to all age groups:

http://www.insidesoccer.com

Advertisement