Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library fines

Options
  • 14-03-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just arrived home from a college related placement, and haven't had access to email for the past week. So wasn't able to renew my library books online and couldnt get the number for my branch library when away. Do you reckon if I ring them tomorrow and explain that they'd stop the charges mounting, I have other books due back later this week but cannot renew them online because of the fines.
    Im too far away from UCD just to make a trip with library books.
    Anyone ever had any experience of this before ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

Ado86 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just arrived home from a college related placement, and haven't had access to email for the past week. So wasn't able to renew my library books online and couldnt get the number for my branch library when away. Do you reckon if I ring them tomorrow and explain that they'd stop the charges mounting, I have other books due back later this week but cannot renew them online because of the fines.

You should make the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

dont leave it too long, or lobrocop will hunt you down and make you pay... and not just the fines....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Korvanica wrote: »
    dont leave it too long, or lobrocop will hunt you down and make you pay... and not just the fines....

Nearly finished my first year and ive yet to come across that guy. Evidentially i havent broken any of his sacred rules, either that or he doesnt want to mess with me...its probably the first one.

EDIT: Sorry, off topic. OP i cant see a reason why they wouldnt be reasonable about it so i'd say you should be alright, however i have no experience of ever not paying the fine so i cant be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Ado86 wrote: »
    Hi,

A couple of years ago my mother was very ill and I had to make an emergancy trip home the other side of the country, I had a few library books which I couldn't leave back. I got the doctor to write me a letter explaining my situation and UCD completely waived the fines. I reckon if you got your employer from placement to write you a letter explaining that you couldn't renew or leave back your books you may have a chance. Just bring the letter to the front desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

A quick email and it was all sorted out !! Love our branch librarian now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I've paid around 50€ in library fines this year :\ not impressed....

And I saw librocop in tesco once, he gave me the dirtiest look ever

Advertisement