Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on this dress please

• 14-03-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi am going to my sisters wedding in May and am also pregnant (will be 5 months by then)

Just wondering what everyones opinions on this dress are for a wedding http://www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothing/CLEMS.html - also any suggestions on accessories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

No idea about the accessories but the dress is absolutely gorgeous :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Gorgeous, good find! May be a little pricey though. Keep everything simple, the sandels the model is wearing are perfect, gold. Could you find something similar and possibly save on expense? I always find New Look great for these kinds of occassions or even Next. Don't go down the red route, I always find people obsess over getting the colour to match the dress but the style is what is important. Will you wear something with a little heel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Thanks for your help, I think I will go for a heel alright, should be easy enough to find shoes. Like you say I love the gold ones the model is wearing.

You don't the while base of the dress would be inappropriate for a wedding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Tmeos wrote: »

Don't think it is in the slightest bit inappropriate. Honestly i think it is a gorg summer dress that you will feel completely comfortable wearing, i certainly would. Heels will be great with it. Make sure you get a spray tan beforehand, as i can imagine you couldn't be too pale wearing it. But only my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Tis a gorgeous dress!

My only concern would be the bust area doesn't look to leave much room for expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a gorgeous dress - elegant yet youthful and easy while the red sash gives it a nice edge. It will look lovely at a wedding. Don't be concerned about the base colour - it's clearly not a white dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the scarlet sash, and it's so not wedding dressish that it doesn't matter that it's a white print.

You could always ask the bride if you're worried? But it's so gorgeous I think you'll be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Dress is gorgeous, looks like it will perfectly compliment a growing little bump :)

If the wedding is May, it's spring-ish, so the dress should fit in well.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I love it too but I really dont trust myself when it comes to clothes, especially now there is the added complication of the bump :)

Im not keen on my upper arms at the moment so was thinking of putting a little cardigan/bolero/shawl with it, any suggestions about where would have a good selection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Tmeos wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, I think I will go for a heel alright, should be easy enough to find shoes. Like you say I love the gold ones the model is wearing.

Bloody Hell. At this stage anything that may have a tiny dash of white in it could offend some bride somewhere. The dress is NOTHING like a wedding dress and any bride who would get annoyed at someone wearing a dress like the one the OP posted really needs to get a life.
    The dress is really lovely OP and I think you'll look great in it.

Linguo wrote: »

Hi Me Again! Got the dress in the post this morning its nice but definitely need some upper arm cover. Which of the boleros on this site would you go for? I was thinking red white or gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd go for the green one on the second page. It would be quite dramatic with the dress. White or gold may look a bit wishy washy on you depending on your skin tone.

For accessories, a simple chain with pendant. Some bangles on your arm. Accessorize or Oasis are great for things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That dress is so cute :) As for something to cover your arms, I think green would look good, as was already suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

OMG the dress is really adorable, so cute!

I'm finding it difficult to establish from the link, is the sash on the dress red or a very deep coral colour?

Its a deep red, I actually thought it was coral so was thinking along those lines for accessories. Now I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

yeah i would go for the green one.. it will just finish off the dress! Hope you have a good day :)

Advertisement