Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good pubs in Tralee?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

If I was living in boherbee the sports field would be grand for a few pints lots of impromptu sessions and a bit of Craic from some of the old stock left in town

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoindrummer

Sully34 wrote: »
    Well for a first timer then you cant go wrong with Linnanes,then stagger down into The Rock Inn,make your way in for a quick kebab and head for the Four Seasons then end up at the end of the night in the creme de la creme of night spots The Sportsfield bar

I can only assume you're being sarcastic here. If so you did leave out a few gems. Joe's Place, Richie Houlihan's and Barrett's. But honestly, Linnane's and The Sportsfield gets a bad auld rep around the town. Sure, they mightn't be the most craic of any of the bars in town, but I've never seen an ounce of trouble in any of those pubs. Same goes for the Four Seasons but that might just be the most depressing place in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

no

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

I know I am resurecting an old thread but heading to Tralee next weekend.
    recommendations please for good beer in quiet pubs. I am a grumpy old f*** so no disco pubs please.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

sceach16 wrote: »
    recommendations please for good beer inqiet pubs. I am a grumpy old f*** so no disco pubs please.
    Hennesseys would have the biggest selection of beer in town. But maybe someone else can chime in if they know another place.

It has 3 different areas, the front which is usually quiet, the middle which has a bit more music and the back part which is more like a night club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

recommendations please for good beer in quiet pubs. I am a grumpy old f*** so no disco pubs please.

A little outside the town centre but Stokers lodge, across from the bus station, is exactly what you're looking for. Nice quiet little pub with good staff and friendly locals.

Myself and a few friends stopped in one night for a drink on the way home to killarney from a match and we've gone back since just for a night out. Lovely spot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Try Paddy Macs or An Cearnog.

Advertisement