Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Parking???

• 14-03-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all hope someone can help.. I work in clonmel and i'm wondering is there any free/cheap parking anywhere near o'connell st. as its costing me a fortune for parking every day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭smlballjunkie

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    Hi all hope someone can help.. I work in clonmel and i'm wondering is there any free/cheap parking anywhere near o'connell st. as its costing me a fortune for parking every day.

Not in the Centre itself, but there is one by the Gashouse Bridge run by the Corpo thats free, Dunnes Stores Oakville is free, okay they have wardens but I worked there for 12yrs and nobody ever got clamped,also the car park at Marks and Spencers is free I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Not in the Centre itself, but there is one by the Gashouse Bridge run by the Corpo thats free, Dunnes Stores Oakville is free, okay they have wardens but I worked there for 12yrs and nobody ever got clamped,also the car park at Marks and Spencers is free I think

Aldi's car park is free too I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

M&S is probably your best bet really. Not too long a walk,unless it's lashing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

is the one in Cashel Street a Free one??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Dunnes Stores Oakville is free, okay they have wardens but I worked there for 12yrs and nobody ever got clamped,also the car park at Marks and Spencers is free I think
    No it isn't. Customer use only you should know this if you worked there for 12 yrs.:rolleyes:
    ciano1 wrote: »
    Aldi's car park is free too I think
    No it isn't..Customer use only. The small carpark at the front is a grey area for sure.
    Fionn wrote: »
    is the one in Cashel Street a Free one??
    No it is'nt. Read the hand written sign as you enter...that place is a total fvck up. Parking space crisis in the town centre but its practically empty every day????

Clonmel Corpo is on a blitz with parking fines, watch the wardens they very busy bees lately. Your best bet is the Island car park,(over by Worldwide Cycles) fair rate for a days parking and CCTV as well.

• Advertisement

i hardly ever drive the car into town if i have to park during the restriction times - it's too much of a hassle, if I absolutely have to go in - i use the motorcycle :)

but seriously it's no wonder the town centre is dead!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

i hardly ever drive the car into town if i have to park during the restriction times - it's too much of a hassle, if I absolutely have to go in - i use the motorcycle :)

but seriously it's no wonder the town centre is dead!!

+1 Why would you pay for parking in the town centre when there's alternatives to nearly every shop on the outskirts of town. Town is dying a slow death

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Or you could just double park outside a bank,(the favourite position for a lot of drivers), nobody moves you on no matter what kind of tailbacks up Irishtown are created. Just back from town, and saw ten taxis double parked out on Gladstones st, blocking legit parking spaces, that i couldnt get into.There were about 5 spaces between Now and McDonalds that could not be accessed. And they wonder why we go out of town to Poppyfields or M&S.

Should be a Taxi rank By Easons or Clonmel arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Another point of contention...thats an illigal Taxi rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Should be a Taxi rank By Easons or Clonmel arms.

Cant have a taxi rank as there's no taxis in the town, only hackneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hellbent

AFAIK, the small parking area to the front of ALDI was provided as free public parking spaces, by Aldi's planning prermission, replacing the Borough Council's lost spaces on the Western Road as a result of Aldi being allowed locate there. So they're free for as long as the Corpo wishes.

There are several other free street places to park, but not many, so they must remain secret, for yours truly. Drive around and you'll see:)

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Cant have a taxi rank as there's no taxis in the town, only hackneys.

the cops should do em all for double parking eh?
    i've hooted at a few of them at times - the looks ya get!!! like 'i can park where i want - it's sat night i'm waiting on a fare!!' use some other road!!!!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

the cops should do em all for double parking eh?
    i've hooted at a few of them at times - the looks ya get!!! like 'i can park where i want - it's sat night i'm waiting on a fare!!' use some other road!!!!
    :rolleyes:

The cops could do them for illegally plying for trade if they wanted but its not that bad at night to be honest, as its a one way street. And without the taxis waiting to bring people home after the pub/nightclub the town gets congested with people and trouble always breaks out around that area. Thats why the cops leave them there i'd say.

Day time is a different story tho, hackneys, delivery vans and normal cars double park where ever they want and its ridiculous trying to get around the town sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

iceage wrote: »

Clonmel Corpo is on a blitz with parking fines, watch the wardens they very busy bees lately.

Was parked earlier this morning in the carpark at the gashouse bridge and both wardens where there going around checking vehicles for no tax. Didnt know the wardens even went in here as their is no charge for parking (bet the guy who parked his van with the tax beside me hadnt banked on that either :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

At the risk of diverting this thread, why are there no taxis in Clonmel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

cml387 wrote: »
    At the risk of diverting this thread, why are there no taxis in Clonmel?

Yes there are :confused:

ciano1 wrote: »
    Yes there are :confused:

Ah no there isn't. There is only Hackneys in Clonmel. Their is no taxi rank(official one not double parking outside McD's) in Clonmel as the corporation hasnt built one plus it suits the hackney drivers as the hackney licence is cheaper than the taxi one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Hey where is the best place to park working in city center. Looking for the cheapest weekly ticket or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Craigels wrote: »
    Hey where is the best place to park working in city center. Looking for the cheapest weekly ticket or something similar

If you get to town early you will find a space in the car park at St.Mary's the Catholic Church the one opposite the supermarket.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Craigels wrote: »

I think you may be disappointed if you think Clonmel is a city!!

St.Marys Irish town is free or try the free car park down at the Gashouse Bridge.

None of the council run car parks do weekly tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

The Cashel Road, from the traffic lights up beyond Cooleens Close is free. Mind you everyone knows it, as you can see from the string of parked cars paked there every weekday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

cml387 wrote: »
    The Cashel Road, from the traffic lights up beyond Cooleens Close is free. Mind you everyone knows it, as you can see from the string of parked cars parked there every weekday.
    I always wondered why so many cars were parked up that road,I never knew it was free.

Advertisement