Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reseeding in this weather

• 14-03-2010 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

I have a field which was gone a bit overgroen with rushes down through the years. Use to top it every year but got the drains all cleard out last year and even allowing for the dry weather is in much better condition.

I want to reseed it. Seeing as the ground condition are so good, Could I plough it now without spraying with roundup and then spray with a post emergence spray a few weeks later or am i wasting my time.

Grass was eaten as I has sheep on it over the winter and with the frost its completely burnt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭nilhg

Best plan would be to allow it green up, spray it with a decent rate of roundup and then plough and reseed, you can give it a quick grazing between spraying and ploughing if you want, wait till you see the grass go yellow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

yep your probably right. I just hope the ground is in such condotion in a couple of weeks time. Topped the rushes off it this evening, couldnt get over how dry it is, hardly a mark on the field.

Anyway they are given rain for the end of the week.So hopefully it will green up quickly and i can spray it and get it started.

Advertisement