Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Secret Of Oz - Must See Banking Documentary!

• 14-03-2010 11:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

n5pqa8.jpg

Thirteen years ago, in a documentary called "The MoneyMasters", we asked the question why is America going broke. It wasn't clear then that we were, but it is today. Now the question is how can we get out of this mess. Foreclosures are everywhere, unemployment is skyrocketing - and this is only the beginning. America's economy is on a long, slippery slope from here on. The bubble ride of debt has come to an end.

What can government do? The sad answer is - under the current monetary system - nothing. It's not going to get better until the root of the problem is understood and addressed. There isn't enough stimulus money in the entire world to get us out of this hole.

Why? Debt. The national debt is just like our consumer debt - it's the interest that's killing us.

Though most people don't realize it the government can't just issue it's own money anymore. It used to be that way. The King could just issue stuff called money. Abraham Lincoln did it to win the Civil War.

No, today, in our crazy money system, the government has to borrow our money into existence and then pay interest on it. That's why they call it the National Debt. All our money is created out of debt. Politicians who focus on reducing the National Debt as an answer probably don't know what the National Debt really is. To reduce the National Debt would be to reduce our money - and there's already too little of that.

No, you have to go deeper. You have to get at the root of this problem or we're never going to fix this. The solution isn't new or radical. America used to do it. Politicians used to fight with big bankers over it. It's all in our history - now sadly - in the distant past.

But why can't we just do it again? Why can't we just issue our own money, debt free? That, my friends, is the answer. Talk about reform! That's the only reform that will make a huge difference to everyone's life - even worldwide.

The solution is the secret that's been hidden from us for just over 100 years - ever since the time when author L. Frank Baum wrote "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz."

WATCH IT NOW ONLINE:
    http://www.theopensource.tv/the-money-masters/the-secret-of-oz-video_82fa50cc4.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The bit about Lincoln is misleading tbh, some points in your post that need further research actually, as i find myself embroiled in other silly debates on boards right now i dont have time to get into it yet, ill be back though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I'll watch the video later, but I've always thought the current system must be broken, scrapped and start again, again its back to economics ruling the world, or the tail wagging the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

n5pqa8.jpg

Thirteen years ago, in a documentary called "The MoneyMasters", we asked the question why is America going broke. It wasn't clear then that we were, but it is today. Now the question is how can we get out of this mess. Foreclosures are everywhere, unemployment is skyrocketing - and this is only the beginning. America's economy is on a long, slippery slope from here on. The bubble ride of debt has come to an end.

What can government do? The sad answer is - under the current monetary system - nothing. It's not going to get better until the root of the problem is understood and addressed. There isn't enough stimulus money in the entire world to get us out of this hole.

Why? Debt. The national debt is just like our consumer debt - it's the interest that's killing us.

Though most people don't realize it the government can't just issue it's own money anymore. It used to be that way. The King could just issue stuff called money. Abraham Lincoln did it to win the Civil War.

No, today, in our crazy money system, the government has to borrow our money into existence and then pay interest on it. That's why they call it the National Debt. All our money is created out of debt. Politicians who focus on reducing the National Debt as an answer probably don't know what the National Debt really is. To reduce the National Debt would be to reduce our money - and there's already too little of that.

No, you have to go deeper. You have to get at the root of this problem or we're never going to fix this. The solution isn't new or radical. America used to do it. Politicians used to fight with big bankers over it. It's all in our history - now sadly - in the distant past.

But why can't we just do it again? Why can't we just issue our own money, debt free? That, my friends, is the answer. Talk about reform! That's the only reform that will make a huge difference to everyone's life - even worldwide.

The solution is the secret that's been hidden from us for just over 100 years - ever since the time when author L. Frank Baum wrote "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz."

WATCH IT NOW ONLINE:
    http://www.theopensource.tv/the-money-masters/the-secret-of-oz-video_82fa50cc4.html

May i point you in the way of zimbabwae.....
    they tried that, issuing their own money to get themselves out of an economic hole.....
    didnt get them very far....

Last time i checked they where up to $100 TRILLION dollar bills, (have a few of them personally)..... yes trillion....

doesnt seem to be working for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

If one nation does it the Bankers will smack them down

if every nation did it then they would deliver a rather resounding smack to the Bankers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Bring back the green back!
    I will try get a look at this documentary tonight.sounds good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

If one nation does it the Bankers will smack them down

if every nation did it then they would deliver a rather resounding smack to the Bankers.

do you happen to have alist of how many countires produce and issue their own money and how many don't?????

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

kryogen wrote: »
    The bit about Lincoln is misleading tbh, some points in your post that need further research actually, as i find myself embroiled in other silly debates on boards right now i dont have time to get into it yet, ill be back though!

Apparently our history books have been changed by the bankers as history is always written by the winners of the war, not the losers. And banks always back both sides of every war to make sure they win either way.

The text in the original post is the description off the DVD itself.

So has anyone watched it yet? I'd say its the most important documentary since Zeitgeist and possibly even more important than that!

Just watched it tonight.It was very informative and i learned alot more about what was going on than the other documentaries explained so far.
    It gives a much clearer picture,so probably a very good one to pass around to help people see the other side to life as we know it.

yeah, ive watched his 'money masters' doc a few times...very informative, but dated, too long, and he can be quite .. i think boring is the word...good to see him back though...still wearing that anorak..

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

yeah, ive watched his 'money masters' doc a few times...very informative, but dated, too long, and he can be quite .. i think boring is the word...good to see him back though...still wearing that anorak..

haha, exactly! I had a bad quality copy of the Money Masters few years back and his voice just sounded sickly distorted, very hard to listen to. He's lowered his pitch in this one though and he sounds a lot better, really is an amazing eye opener of a documentary!

Imagine what Ireland would be like now if we all saw The Money Masters 13 years ago when it came out, damn conspiracy theories were right all along... im now thinking that the big banks are the cause of all the misery in the world, from wars to recessions the Corporatocracy has been the cause of it all, they profit off the evil in humanity and turn people into greedy selfish pricks.

What the hell are we doing bailing them out?!?!? The banks are the cause of this whole world wide recession, next is either a world currency or one world government after a very big war.

So whats the next step for us? How do we change the system? Banks and governments, the way they run now has to change.

• Advertisement

Pixel8 wrote: »
    haha, exactly! I had a bad quality copy of the Money Masters few years back and his voice just sounded sickly distorted, very hard to listen to. He's lowered his pitch in this one though and he sounds a lot better, really is an amazing eye opener of a documentary!

Imagine what Ireland would be like now if we all saw The Money Masters 13 years ago when it came out, damn conspiracy theories were right all along... im now thinking that the big banks are the cause of all the misery in the world, from wars to recessions the Corporatocracy has been the cause of it all, they profit off the evil in humanity and turn people into greedy selfish pricks.

What the hell are we doing bailing them out?!?!? The banks are the cause of this whole world wide recession, next is either a world currency or one world government after a very big war.

So whats the next step for us? How do we change the system? Banks and governments, the way they run now has to change.

It might start to change if this wasnt always spoken about in conspiracy theory forums :)
    Its unfortunate the popular media would ban this or limit its audience.
    The only way to change it is to effect people on a wide scale in some way.
    But that might take money something not alot of us have these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Seen it & would recommend everyone to watch it. As mentioned above, it explains in a clear way how the banks control every aspect of our lives.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 theopensource

Torakx wrote: »
    It might start to change if this wasnt always spoken about in conspiracy theory forums :)
    Its unfortunate the popular media would ban this or limit its audience.
    The only way to change it is to effect people on a wide scale in some way.
    But that might take money something not alot of us have these days.

Well its free to send information on the internet so you could always help by emailing the link to watch it in the original post to everyone in your contacts list, post it up on Facebook, Bebo, MySpace, YouTube, Daily Motion, Digg + any others like them. Go onto the newspaper websites that let you comment on articles and post the link.

It just takes 2 or 3 posts by 50 of us to inform 500,000 people. We would want to hurry before NAMA goes ahead...!!

Let me know if any of you hear it mentioned on the radio in the next few days, i emailed everyone i could get email addresses for at FM104, 98FM, 2FM and RTE about it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

anyone got another link to this, the OP's seems to be broken

Advertisement