Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 & Xbox360: Which do you buy games for?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

As a matter of interest, of those of you who have both a PS3 and Xbox360, which console do you buy your games for considering most these days are multi-platform, and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i have a feeing i know whats gonna be attracted here!!!

FANBOI ALERT! lol

by the way i dont mean you op:)

i have both but prefer my 360 for my general gameplay but i still b uy some ps3 titles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i buy mostly for the 360, mainly because ive more friends with xboxes so more people on the friends list, also when using the ps3 controller for long periods i get cramps in my hands... probably not used to it....

I buy exclusives and some single player games one the ps3, also the playstation store is good for games,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I buy most of my games for ps3 because the 360 is too loud and the ps3 has free online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

if i had both, id prob get more games for the 360, online is better, acheivements are nice, joypad is better made. that said, id love a ps3 for its exclusives such as heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Unfortunately the 360 generally gets the better version of multiplatform titles - graphically and frame-rate-wise. It's a shame because I'd rather buy my games on the other platform as, for one thing, I get the impression it will last longer.

I don't like Microsoft's decision to charge for online multiplayer or their 'MS Points' currency. I don't like the pricing on their hardware accessories (hard drives and wi-fi adapter). Charging users for jpegs, while isn't as bad, it is indicative of Microsofts overtly money grubbing attitude.

Charging for online play really sticks in my craw because it is such an anti-gaming-community move. So, if a title performs, technically, as well on both platforms, I fully intend to buy the PS3 version going forward.

As things are at the moment, I buy titles for PC whenever it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ps3 when i actually buy anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Fnz wrote: »
    Unfortunately the 360 generally gets the better version of multiplatform titles - graphically and frame-rate-wise. It's a shame because I'd rather buy my games on the other platform as, for one thing, I get the impression it will last longer.

Good news! It appears that alot of developers and puvlishers (Including the team behind the new MOH reboot, DICE and EA) are realizing that games developed for PS3 and then ported to the 360 are better for both platforms.

Anywho. I buy all my multi plat games for the PS3 and use my 360 for exclusives, mainly because i cba paying for xbox live. Do plan on buying LFD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Devolpers are starting to make games for the PS3 then port them to the 360. (Most of EA's studios for example.)

Buy 90% of my multi plat games for the PS3, mainly use my 360 for exclusives. Just cba paying for xbox live. I probably will buy a bunch of 360 exclusives over the summer and buy 3 months of xbox live with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

360 mostly, because of the better joypad, online and more friends on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Only buy exclusives on PS3, everything else on the 360.
    The joypad is so much better on the 360, it's not even a choice really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

any multiplatform game i get on 360 and just get exclusives for my ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

mailrewop wrote: »
    any multiplatform game i get on 360 and just get exclusives for my ps3

This. The ps3 gathers dust for the most part sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I got oblivion on the ps3 as it was the GOTY edition, for some reason I couldn't find the xbox360 equivilant anywhere. Bar that I prefer the xbox control pad, a lot, and so I prefer that console.

I got sick of the PS controller back in the days of ps1 ffs, VS n64 it was trash, VS saturn it was trash, ps2 controller VS xbox was trash, ps3 controller...

They need to design around the human hand, not some stylised thing, with the worst analogs I have used on a console.

I like the ps3, but its price and controller are a huge put off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I buy all my multi-platform games for the PS3 like a few others.The 360 is usually reserved for exclusives.

I hate achievements/trophies and annoying kids online so I avoid playing online on the 360. The PS3 has some too, but they are usually confined to MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

360 for all games bar PS3 exclusives. I much prefer the controller, have more friends on xbox and find xbox live to be a much nicer to use than PSN.
    PS3 gets the very odd exclusive that i really wanna play (like heavy rain) but mostly is used as a bluray player

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i get multiplatform games on xbox, exclusice on ps3/xbox360.

i just prefer xbox controler somehow...

got dantes inferno and darksiders brand new for 10eu and mine 2 oldest games. awesome deal in gamestop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Prefer my 360, buy most muti-platform games for it. Mainly just buy exclusives for PS3. I have 30+ games for xbox 360 and 8 for PS3. Pretty much all my mates have 360s.

That said I have over a hundred games for my PC. Any strategy, shooter or rpg that comes out for both PC and consoles, PC is definitely my first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I usually opt for the 360, purely because I prefer achievements and the controller is much better.
    If the PS3 version is cheaper I'll get it for that.
    If either version seriously outperforms the other (Bayonetta on 360, FF 13 on PS3), I'll get it for the platform it plays best on. (Digital foundry on Eurogamer are usually great for head to head comparisons)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but is Final Fantasy XIII better on the ps3? I've both consoles, just wondering which edition I should get.

I would usually get multiplatform games for the 360, and usually exclusives for PS3. Reasons include the superior Xbox Live, most friends have 360s, and the playstation harddrive memory keeps filling up (limiting the number of games I can actually play on it, unless
    I finish them and actually sell them off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but is Final Fantasy XIII better on the ps3? I've both consoles, just wondering which edition I should get.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-face-off
    "Adequate but a touch disappointing" best sums up the Xbox 360 version. Fine edges lose precision, and while the effect is mitigated thanks to the MSAA along with the multitude of post processing effects the engine has at its disposal, the fact is that the lack of resolution can make the 360 build look sub-par. The clean CG look of the PS3 game in motion is unduly compromised, and while it's still a handsome enough title on Xbox 360, it lacks the pristine presentation of its sibling.

That was enough to make me decide anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 gj777

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I would usually get multiplatform games for the 360, and usually exclusives for PS3. Reasons include the superior Xbox Live, most friends have 360s, and the playstation harddrive memory keeps filling up (limiting the number of games I can actually play on it, unless
    I finish them and actually sell them off).

Ff is better on the ps3 , usually games are better for the 360 , e.g R.E 5 , ghostbusters.

I use my360 for gaming and my ps3 for blu-rays.
    The 360 controller is more comfortable.
    Most people dont have mics on the ps3 and the few i found that do have mics had them ultra loud. very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Mostly ps3. Only buy 360 exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

360 for multiplatforms due to a controller preference and the PS3 is kept for exclusives or games that are better on the PS3.
    If I pick up FF XIII it will be on PS3 and I got Overlord on PS3 because they had added a minmap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

xbox360 is just too loud for me to take it seriously in fairness.

fair enough you say, turn up the volume? don't think the people sleeping in the house would take too kindly to take considering the xbox wakes them up even with the tv on mute.

all my games are bought on ps3 except for the games that i got with my 360 and 360 exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

fair enough you say, turn up the volume? don't think the people sleeping in the house would take too kindly to take considering the xbox wakes them up even with the tv on mute.

I don't think everybody here lives in a paper house. I find it difficult to hear my 1,200 watt surround sound system from my bedroom.

I don't everybody here lives in a paper house. I find it difficult to hear my 1,200 watt surround sound system from my bedroom.

I was wondering whether someone would provide a douchebag response - despite the effort to clarify. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I was wondering whether someone would provide a douchebag response - despite the effort to clarify. :rolleyes:

So's your face.

So's your face.

Gawd dammit, you're right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

tman wrote: »
    I usually opt for the 360, purely because I prefer achievements and the controller is much better.
    If the PS3 version is cheaper I'll get it for that.
    If either version seriously outperforms the other (Bayonetta on 360, FF 13 on PS3), I'll get it for the platform it plays best on. (Digital foundry on Eurogamer are usually great for head to head comparisons)

This is, word for word, exactly what I do too. I even have the aforementioned games on the aforementioned platforms.

Advertisement