Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 & Xbox360: Which do you buy games for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 crazy shamus

Fnz wrote: »
    Unfortunately the 360 generally gets the better version of multiplatform titles - graphically and frame-rate-wise. It's a shame because I'd rather buy my games on the other platform as, for one thing, I get the impression it will last longer.

I don't like Microsoft's decision to charge for online multiplayer or their 'MS Points' currency. I don't like the pricing on their hardware accessories (hard drives and wi-fi adapter). Charging users for jpegs, while isn't as bad, it is indicative of Microsofts overtly money grubbing attitude.

Charging for online play really sticks in my craw because it is such an anti-gaming-community move. So, if a title performs, technically, as well on both platforms, I fully intend to buy the PS3 version going forward.

As things are at the moment, I buy titles for PC whenever it makes sense.

The only reason xbox charge for online is to pay for the red ring of death.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The only reason xbox charge for online is to pay for the red ring of death.:mad:

they were charging for online before the rrod even surfaced....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I generally just get all multiplat games on the 360 (because almost all of my friends are on it)

And Exclusives on the PS3.

But sometimes, if a game is multiplat, but has exclusive features to a particular console then i'll get one or both versions

(eg: I got all nextgen Smackdown vs. Raw games on the XBox 360 only. But i have SvR2009 on both 360 and PS3, because the Limited Edition was only on the PS3, and it came with a free WWE Blu Ray.

Also, i buy all PES games on the PS3, because it gives you the option to export custom data from the PC to a USB device and upload to the game. And I can also import custom music. 360 doesn't allow that option)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

360 for the odd game PS3 for media ie Blu Ray.
    PC for 99% of my gaming.
    If i had no PC it would still be 360 for games and PS3 for media :)

Advertisement