Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilarney and dingle small wedding of 30

Options
  • 15-03-2010 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

ok. I wrote this on another thread but it wasn't my thread and the writer got annoyed so here I am with my new thread. Feel free to reply to each other, we are here to help.
    Having a wedding of 30 people- Budget 4,000- its not much but a lot to us.

1: Looking at getting married in Killarney or Dingle. Got some good feedback on kilarney but again all the hotels want 50 people plus.

2: I AM HAVING REAL TROUBLE WITH THIS ONE: Due to residency laws I am looking for a place in killarney or dingle for a wedding blessing? We were thinking or marrying in the UK to bypass Irishlaw but consider our blessing our wedding day.

3: I have heard of the Disert chapel in dingle you can rent this for wedidngs, anyone know of this?

Please any advice would stop me from going mad. lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

There's a place on the way into Dingle called Ballintaggart House and by all accounts its supposed to be something pretty special. I know someone getting married there and I know its a pretty small affair but I don't know any specific numbers so I can't be sure if it'll suit you. What I do know is that its a pretty old building and right ouside the door you've got some amazing views of Dingle Bay and Dun Sion (where Micheal O Muircheartaigh was born if you don't mind)

http://www.weddingdates.ie/venues/ballintaggart-manor-house-dingle-kerry-0star-85098/

Hope this helps and best of luck on the big day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 west cork bride

Hello

If you know someone getting married there then when they give feedback let us know. I have had a look and it looks nice.I also like the idea that to rent it out they charge the room price onley. Will your firend be the first to marry there?

Again they can accommadate up to 70 in the house whereas my party is so so small!!!
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Are you thinking of having a band? That would limit your choices.

I'm not 100% in what you are looking for, but the Sheen Falls in Kenmare does cater for small weddings. It can also accomodate a small music session.

Also check out the the Cahernane House hotel. The conservatory area can be used for blessings or civil marraiges. The sitting room has a piano and harp.

The Killarney Park hotel has a separate dining room next to the main dining area. This would fit 30.

No band, half my fmaily can play music although maybe a trad band not sure really just would be nice to find a reasonable place to reception and blessing or civil ceremony. I continue on my quest for Dingle and Killarney although Killeen house is on my top list.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ballintaggart has already hosted weddings, I saw the first one on the Kerryman last year.

• Advertisement

Ballintaggart house- 10 grand for 50 people and I thought we were in a recession. Sorry its of my list. I just dont know where people get the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

although Killeen house is on my top list.

Didn't know they did weddings, but go for it! The guys that own it are absolutely lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Do yourself a favour and pick up the phone and ring Ballintaggart House in Dingle. Have chat and explain your plans and budget, you never know what they may be able to do for you. Can't recommend the people that have it highly enough.. it's worth a phone call at least.

http://ballintaggarthouse.com/wedding.htm
    For bookings or enquiries please call 066 9151333
    or email info@ballintaggarthouse.com

The only way to get the day you want on a budget is to ring places up and have a chat. You are the customer and any business is good business.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ballintaggart house- 10 grand for 50 people and I thought we were in a recession. Sorry its of my list. I just dont know where people get the money!
    danno o keefe has a great place, since you are keeping it to budget, he does lovely food, brilliant big patio outside which is sheltered in places, very reasonable, would be the kind of person to have that kind of venue
    i have been to a wedding there it was brilliant, personal, donno would take good care of you, this place is near the top of the pier, he does any thing from sit down, buffet, or barbcue, i was also at one of the barbcues and it was fantastic, he had steak, salmon, their own burgers all the trimmings it was an evening to remember, i would say for any event

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

Hi guys sorry I know this is old but has anyone had a wedding in Ballintaggart house, I really want to go but im afraid it will cost too much! Id love to know if anyone got a price below 10,000?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Hi guys sorry I know this is old but has anyone had a wedding in Ballintaggart house, I really want to go but im afraid it will cost too much! Id love to know if anyone got a price below 10,000?
    I presume it depends very much on the number of people attending and why don't you phone and ask them directly?.

That's the thing, I was in contact via email but,The lady, Clodagh, replied instantly and a few mails were exchanged and it was late in the evening when she replied. She said to mail with any questions I had so I did, they obviously revolved around price because that's make or break with this venue and she hasn't been in contact since so I'm a bit disheartened.
    Its a wedding of 30 for ceremony and meal and 70-80 evening and Id just like to know it it is actually 10,000 so I can stop kidding myself!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

my friend got married in Dingle last year & had reception in Ballintaggart. It was fab, such a lovely place and feels so intimate, plus its just the wedding party there, so no gatecrashers!!
    I know others who have had reception there too, including a cousin, so by all accounts its getting more and more popular.
    I have no idea what they paid, you would really need to speak with the management and find out, rather than going by what someone has told you or read about.
    Food was pretty good too by the way!

Yeah I have contacted via email to get a rough idea, ill call later in the week again but dont want to seem pushy, I was just hoping to get an estimate if anyone knew. Thanks anyway for your replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rudi263

John Benny's Pub in Dingle has a lovely private room with a great view (max. 40 people). It seems like it would be perfect. http://www.johnbennyspub.com/functions.html

I renewed my vows in the Diseart--- it was perfect! I am not sure if they do weddings-- I know they will do a "blessing" ....They were so helpful! Just contact them......http://www.diseart.ie/
    I wish you the best!

Advertisement