Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommedation me!

Options
  • 15-03-2010 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of Akira, Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell (particularly Stand Alone Complex) and was wondering if there's anyhting worth a look in a similar vein, to read or watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Elfen Lied for sure!!

Full metal Alchemist also a defo.

Bio Hunter, Aeon Flux maybes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Cheers, I'll check those out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Hmmm... according to what You said I would say that "Shangri-la" is a really nice thing to watch XD

I know also other titles but this one is quite new and the whole idea of humanity going into a 'carbon-based' economy is nice. It's very like Apple Seed or Ghost in The Shell (maybe not as much deep but still it'll force thinking on You ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Ok, so, it seems to me that you like your sci fi. :3
    Seeing as you've only watched a few movies and 1 series, there's a massive pool of choice out there for you, but:

Cowboy Bebop: bounty hunters in space, dubbed well (if that's yo thang).
    Code Geass: 1 man, special power + tactics vs massive size of rest of world, splosions and fights are nice.

Advertisement