Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

split tongue

Options
  • 15-03-2010 6:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭

i seen it on E a few weeks ago and it didnt look sore. Any of ye know anyone down around here that would do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

seanybiker wrote: »
    i seen it on E a few weeks ago and it didnt look sore. Any of ye know anyone down around here that would do it.

mac does be over from england usually at the cork convention he does it, there is very few people that i would even consider for a body mod like that, i have seen his scarifictions and branding in person, the guy is a genius at it

http://www.myspace.com/puncturedbodypiercing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i have been looking to get this done myself i head there is a tattoo parlour in kildare that does it going to check it out tomorrow

tommy:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Cool. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

no joy she said it too risky and that she didnt want to take the chance cause so much can go wrong. she also text a few others to see were they doing it and they all said they would not chance it.so may keep looking

tommy:confused:

ah well. Fair play to her for not chancing something she isnt sure about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I wouldn't let anyone in Ireland do a tongue split tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You'd have to travel to get it done, no one in Ireland at the moment offers it as far as I'm aware. Few visiting artists may offer it but this all depends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

As well a well know method is using cat gut but i would imagine it would be painful and not advised..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

cat gut, wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Yes i know!!! Will it does look increadbly painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Can't you get it surgically done aswell?

seen it on ehow it dont look bad at all. Wouldnt go that way meself but hows ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Can't you get it surgically done aswell?
    I don't think a doctor would do it for you unless you know them fairly well.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm fairly sure if you search on YouTube you'll find some videos of people having it done. Watch at your own risk though, some of the vids on there are pretty gross. Saw one once where some plonker tried to pierce his own tongue and it just went horribly wrong.
    bedlam wrote: »
    Nirva documented his splitting procedure pretty well and it's worth a read.

+1 to this, even though it's something I'd never consider getting done myself, I found this really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

looked at some1 on youtubes split tongue....really grossed me out..dont think il ever be quite right after lookin at it *shudders*

pippington wrote: »
    looked at some1 on youtubes split tongue....really grossed me out..dont think il ever be quite right after lookin at it *shudders*
    i seen them alright. The only thing stopping me is actually getting the tongue pierced. The cat gut stuff i could handle but not a needle through me tongue eww

Advertisement