Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony ericsson Vivaz

Options
  • 15-03-2010 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Hi does anybody know if and when this will be available in Ireland? It looks amazing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

I think O2 have said that they will be releasing the phone , and should be around 100e cheaper that the Satio (going by UK prices)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

thanks. i like the features of the satio but hate the look.
    so im going with the vivaz its shexxy!!

what colour will you get ?

depends whats available but i like the red if not the blue.
    im guessing vodafone might have the red and o2 the blue

yeah I think O2 in the UK are releasing the blue one so I would assume Ireland would do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

it's on the back of the new 3 magazine that they have exclusive on the black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 David55

smilerf wrote: »
    depends whats available but i like the red if not the blue.
    im guessing vodafone might have the red and o2 the blue
    I was looking at that on the Vodafone UK website cause I am planning on replacing my iPhone in the summer and they had bought colours ( i am nearly certin they did) looks cool enough satio is pretty cool to. dose it have cybian?

Walkman wrote: »
    it's on the back of the new 3 magazine that they have exclusive on the black
    ughhhhhhh 3 aslong as i dont have to ring them its ok i suppose

David55 wrote: »
    I was looking at that on the Vodafone UK website cause I am planning on replacing my iPhone in the summer and they had bought colours ( i am nearly certin they did) looks cool enough satio is pretty cool to. dose it have cybian?
    ye it runs symbian . personality i dont get the whole symbian / android thing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

smilerf wrote: »
    ye it runs symbian . personality i dont get the whole symbian / android thing
    Whats not to get?:confused:

• Advertisement

i gather android runs faster is it? wouldn't bother me though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Has anyone got one of these yet. The wife is due an upgrade on three and was thinking of getting one of these for her, as she is big into taking videos on her phone. Up to now she has just been using a bog standard easy to use Nokia type phone. Is the touchscreen, user interface fairly easy to use for someone who is not into her bells and whistles?

Has anyone got one of these yet. The wife is due an upgrade on three and was thinking of getting one of these for her, as she is big into taking videos on her phone. Up to now she has just been using a bog standard easy to use Nokia type phone. Is the touchscreen, user interface fairly easy to use for someone who is not into her bells and whistles?

Used this over the weekend, it's got some cool features, the video camera is very good but i found the touch-screen a little irritating - not very responsive. It's a tiny little thing too which i wasn't expecting, really neat and light. Not bad for texting either but as I said before, the touch-screen needs a little encouragement to do what you want it to.
    I was planning to get this or the X10 but then 3 started to give out the iPhone via telesales.
    I'm happy out with the iPhone except for the lack of multi-tasking and free over-the-air skype.

The X10 would be the better bet of the 2 sony phones IMO. If she prefers buttons, you'd be hard pushed to beat the W995, which has just come down in price.

i got mine that week. great phone. videos and cam is excellent touchscreen is very good and responsive... great

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

Had to Post.

I had a Sony Ericsson W595 - one of the best phones I ever had. Did everything I needed. Due an upgrade and was interested in the Vivaz. Always liked Sony Ericsson phones so this was a natural Development.
    Please note, I use my phone as a clock, a radio, reminders etc. etc.

I have had it over a week and it is a disaster.

The Alarm doesn't work. Actually, sometimes it does but it kind of stutters. But that doesn't matter because the clock can't keep the time.
    It looses or gains an hour here or there - which reduces the need for the alarm to work anyway.
    It take 3 hours to charge and 1 day to use up that charge.
    It is supposed to work while charging but usually does whatever it feels like.
    It shuts off unexpectedly and can take up to an hour to switch back on again.
    Pairing with the bluetooth headset is a pain as it disconnects itself every five mins from the bluetooth requiring me to set it up again for every call.
    The Screen is impossible to see with any kind of sunlight
    There is no countdown timer, no stopwatch.
    The delivery notification requires you to watch the phone. My old one would send a text message to confirm delivery, the Vivaz just has a pop up that lasts a second and is gone again requiring you to watch the phone constantly to confirm delivery.

Watch this space - I will likely be looking to trade it for a W595 (one for one) if anyone is interested - Vodafone seem very reluctant to take it back and I don't want to be stuck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

^ Is it insured? Is it possible some of those faults can be put down to a 'dud'?

Doctor14 wrote: »
    Had to Post.

I had a Sony Ericsson W595 - one of the best phones I ever had. Did everything I needed. Due an upgrade and was interested in the Vivaz. Always liked Sony Ericsson phones so this was a natural Development.
    Please note, I use my phone as a clock, a radio, reminders etc. etc.

I have had it over a week and it is a disaster.

The Alarm doesn't work. Actually, sometimes it does but it kind of stutters. But that doesn't matter because the clock can't keep the time.
    It looses or gains an hour here or there - which reduces the need for the alarm to work anyway.
    It take 3 hours to charge and 1 day to use up that charge.
    It is supposed to work while charging but usually does whatever it feels like.
    It shuts off unexpectedly and can take up to an hour to switch back on again.
    Pairing with the bluetooth headset is a pain as it disconnects itself every five mins from the bluetooth requiring me to set it up again for every call.
    The Screen is impossible to see with any kind of sunlight
    There is no countdown timer, no stopwatch.
    The delivery notification requires you to watch the phone. My old one would send a text message to confirm delivery, the Vivaz just has a pop up that lasts a second and is gone again requiring you to watch the phone constantly to confirm delivery.

Watch this space - I will likely be looking to trade it for a W595 (one for one) if anyone is interested - Vodafone seem very reluctant to take it back and I don't want to be stuck with it.
    i have my vivaz a month and has none of those problems. i agree its pain in sunlight and my media goes a bit weird when updating but overall it grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mark2409

I broke my 5800 so got one of these had to get it on 3 payg because have contract (the 5800 was unlocked) anyway cost me €400 had it two days had to get rid of it, battery life was not great and apps and functions although similar functionality to my old 5800, wasn't a patch on the old Nokia 5800. Any way long story short got a Android phone (€150 cheaper same place) instead and its 10 times the phones I am used to. The Vivaz looked great but was a big disapointment to me.

^ Is it insured? Is it possible some of those faults can be put down to a 'dud'?

Only had it for a week so it has now gone back. Yes, a lot is down to the fact that I prob got a dodgy handset but a lot is down to the Vivaz itself. Looks great but designed for someone who is into that sort of stuff.

Well, Vodafone took it back for testing and decided to replace the handset with a new one.
    A new handset may have been bug free but I just did not like the Vivaz. It is great for kids and people who want to "Cool" features, but doesn't work well as a proper phone.
    So Vodafone swopped it for the W995 - basically an upgraded W595.
    I am a LOT happier with this phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Sony can be from great to crap. The W595 was one of the good ones and while it is now not quite the latest thing it is good value from Vodafone, significantly less then half the price it once was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I got a hold of one and so far I am having a lot of problems. I'm a lifelong Nokia owner.

Firstly I can't delete the O2 MMS/Data settings that seem to be protected some how or other.

Secondly, I have installed after much trouble the PC phone manager software. Now, it just seems to be taking an age to update the phone to the latest release. During the process it sems to disconnect the phone and I have a suspicion that it is not able to reconnect it. At the moment the software is "preparing" while the phone is showing a white screen with the SE logo. Should it be this tempermental? Quite a disappointing start.

Advertisement