Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

diving in Dublin

• 15-03-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Anyone been diving off the 40Ft this year yet,
    or anywhere else for that matter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 wrecks1971

Hi I was diving there yesterday. The viz was about 3-5 metres. Plenty of life,but you have to search fo it. Cod,wrasse,pollock,blennies,lobstor,squat lobstor,crab all hiding under rocks. Also seen some sort of worm whiched looked like a red and yellow snake. The water was cold my buddie had enough after 34 mins. I enjoyed it, it was nice to get my first dive of the year in. :) There were alot of snorklers about there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bang2

wrecks1971 wrote: »
    Hi I was diving there yesterday. The viz was about 3-5 metres. Plenty of life,but you have to search fo it. Cod,wrasse,pollock,blennies,lobstor,squat lobstor,crab all hiding under rocks. Also seen some sort of worm whiched looked like a red and yellow snake. The water was cold my buddie had enough after 34 mins. I enjoyed it, it was nice to get my first dive of the year in. :) There were alot of snorklers about there yesterday.

Thanks for that , sounds good with that life,got to get in soon before this calm weather breaks,
    34 mins in 8ish degrees is pretty good,
    Bang2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Tell me about it. 2 weeks back I had a few dives on the Blaskets in Kerry.
    11'c on the surface and about 7'c below 20m. Needless to say myself and buddy in wetsuits didn't stay long after 30 minutes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Blaskets musta bin nice. Who were you diving with? Was the Dingle centre back in action??

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Not the Dingle centre. Waterworld at scraggane pier. Beside brandon bay. Hadn't been before. Lovely place I have to say. Some great diving there alright. I would have gotten a lot more in if it werent so cold. Shame really but I couldn't expect much better in early march.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I did my PADI there last week - very good place and the cheapest PADI course in Ireland (I think).....I had a search around most places in Dublin were €650ish in Kerry t'was €450.

will prob be diving in Dublin in the near future as its too far for me to get away from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭diverdad

Hi,
    I'm new here. On boards that is. I have a PADI qualification AOW and would like to get in touch with others diving in and around Dublin. I have most of my own gear, no cylinder or weights yet.
    I work shift hours and am therefore free all Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesdays. Just a bit of notice would be required to rent out the remaining gear and pick it up. I usually use Oceandivers out in Dun laoire.
    I recently dived in Sandycove and it was great. I'd would love to be able to do it, and other sites, on a more regular basis.
    Is there a particular board for meeting buddies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sean23k

Hey, Im basically in the same boat (no pun intended), Im self employed and can get out basically whenever I want to. Ive completed my AOW with Oceandivers. Send me a reply if you would like to organise a dive!

Advertisement