Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened outside Trinity Rooms?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

A mate just text me to say that he heard somebody was shot outside Trinity Rooms last night? He drove past and the gardai have the area sealed off. Anybody hear anymore on this? Can't find it on any of the news outlets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

15/03/2010 - 11:20:17
    Gardaí are appealing for witnesses to a drive-by shooting in Limerick City last night.

A man, aged in his 30s, was shot at a number of times on the Michael Street area at around 9.30pm.

The man was recently released from jail after serving an eight-year sentence for the manslaughter of another man in Limerick.

Gardaí said no one was injured in the attack and have asked that anyone with information should contact Henry Street Gardaí.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/criminal-escapes-from-drive-by-shooting-in-limerick-450053.html#ixzz0iFDuSy6h

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Is this the first Drive-by shooting of Skyfest 2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Jesus, sure any amount of innocent people could of been passing around that area at that time on a Sunday night.

And after having a really good night on Sat and feeling positive about place & then they have to go ruin it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

any names? or who just got out after serving 8 years for manslaughter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

mike kelly wrote: »
    any names? or who just got out after serving 8 years for manslaughter?
    Get googling everybody! That was a very big hint they gave wasn't it?

• Advertisement

I did. Amazing the number of manslaughter trials there were around 2000 / 2001

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    15/03/2010 - 11:20:17
    Gardaí are appealing for witnesses to a drive-by shooting in Limerick City last night.

A man, aged in his 30s, was shot at a number of times on the Michael Street area at around 9.30pm.

The man was recently released from jail after serving an eight-year sentence for the manslaughter of another man in Limerick.

Gardaí said no one was injured in the attack
    and have asked that anyone with information should contact Henry Street Gardaí.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/criminal-escapes-from-drive-by-shooting-in-limerick-450053.html#ixzz0iFDuSy6h

this post is not making a lot of sence to me! was someone shot so or not?

dave 27 wrote: »

If I shot at you 3 times on Michael St. and hit:

A) A 1999 Sky Blue Nissan Primera
    B) A half-empty Rubbish Bin
    C) The Granary Masonry

- Would you be injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    If I shot at you 3 times on Michael St. and hit:

A) A 1999 Sky Blue Nissan Primera
    B) A half-empty Rubbish Bin
    C) The Granary Masonry

- Would you be injured?

Would mean that you were a crap shot. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Skyfest was on on Saturday night. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

any one posting names will get a permenent ban. mike kelly you shouldnt even be asking for such information

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

dave 27 wrote: »
    The guy was only shot at, not actually shot. The shooter must have had a real lousy aim.

any one posting names will get a permenent ban. mike kelly you shouldnt even be asking for such information

you are right, sorry about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

grenache wrote: »
    The guy was only shot at, not actually shot. The shooter must have had a real lousy aim.

What a pity.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

It takes skill to hit a target with any kind of handgun at more than 20 metres. Add to that the fact that the target may have been moving, the short amount of time to take aim, the shaking hand due to fear etc. and it's not easy.

Credit where credit is due guys. At least he got a shot off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

It takes skill to hit a target with any kind of handgun at more than 20 metres. Add to that the fact that the target may have been moving, the short amount of time to take aim, the shaking hand due to fear etc. and it's not easy.

I understand what you are saying Builderfromhell but most of these guys who do shootings are coked off their head I suspect! Someone told me the killers of Roy collins were payed in heroin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

It takes skill to hit a target with any kind of handgun at more than 20 metres. .

John McClane never has a problem :D

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Skyfest was on on Saturday night. :rolleyes:

Sorry - I got confused, both events involved flashes of light, loud bangs, drew a Crowd and featured heavily in the Media......

- Only one event reflects actual life in Limerick though doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Millie wrote: »
    What a pity.......

Indeed, it seems our criminals can only hit innocent people, when it comes to shooting other scumbags they couldnt hit a barn door

gaz wac wrote: »
    John McClane never has a problem :D

Limerick Scumbags are big John Woo Fans - 9 feet away from each other shooting away without a casualty in sight.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Its on the front of limerick leader who it was.

Its on the front of limerick leader who it was.

Love the way the silence prevails on here!!!!

well, I guess everyone knows now so there is nothing more to discuss...until the next attempt they make to get him. He does have some neck though, going out in Limerick city centre

Stroy is here

Sentenced to 15 years - With the slight, detail of 7 of those begin suspended???

- So long as a nice clear message is sent out..... Idiots.

Gardai are also investigating if the shooting is linked to the recent release from prison of a number of criminals who have links to the Dundon McCarthy gang.

So there you go - Bring your Kids into town tomorrow to see the Parade, into a City where there are multiple Scumbags carrying guns out on early release......

Imagine an assasination at the St. Patricks Day Parade! It would rival the scene in the Godfather 3 where Joey gets killed at the San Gennaro Parade in Little Italy

Great photo here ...watch out if he is standing near you watching the parade tomorrow

mike kelly wrote: »
    Great photo here ...watch out if he is standing near you watching the parade tomorrow

Thanks - I'll be extra careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Sorry - I got confused, both events involved flashes of light, loud bangs, drew a Crowd and featured heavily in the Media......

- Only one event reflects actual life in Limerick though doesn't it?

Well considering I only experienced one, I guess so....... :rolleyes:

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Well considering I only experienced one, I guess so....... :rolleyes:

Which one did you go to?

- There was feck all advanced publicity for the Michael St. Fireworks in all fairness - might explain the poor turnout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hiccups

I was wondering why my friend was complaining that trooms is closed....
    That solves that mystery.

Advertisement