Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else find Mastodon just unbearable?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

I dont know much of their stuff although I LOVE The Wolf is Loose.

Another song of theirs I know is Oblivion I think? Dont really like it. It just seems real monotonous and dreary, if ya get me? feels the same the whole way through. Easy to get lost in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oweno

blood mountain & crake the skye are great albums, the singing on the older albums is a bit too death metalish for my liking. but thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

/EDIT: oh and there spelled M-A-S-T-O-D-O-N

tankz! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

shizz wrote: »
    I dont know much of their stuff although I LOVE The Wolf is Loose.

Thanks very much.

There is one song that I remember liking but couldn't remember what it was and I was getting headaches listening through their stuff looking for it. It was of course 'The wolf is loose'.

Jesus your man with the V is a horrible creature

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is that such a bad thing though. I would have thought most go to a concert for the music.

"Hello *insert city*"

Personally, for me, it was a little disappointing for them to be SO quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Smart Bug wrote: »
    Well try harder!!! :D

Aye can get why folks either love or hate 'em tho. Fukkin great in Marlay Park they were.

Yes they were, I thought their sound was just badass. I really like Leviathan. newer stuff is growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Don't like them at all, boring and generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thread title edited :).

Unlistenable to me is most of the shite that gets played on daytime radio. Mastodon are far from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jesus your man with the V is a horrible creature

His voice was destroyed before then, so his singing is quite comical there.

To the person who said they generic...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I dislike Crack (of) the (ar$e) Skye. It's a meandering pretentious pile of crap. Don't get me wrong, I've tried to get in to that album three times and I only like the single. The rest of the album bores me to tears.

Remission and Leviathan are amazing.....they wen't downhill after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

generic??? get your ears checked mate :rolleyes:

Crack The Skye is a masterpiece! It doesn't seem pretentious at all to me, its the classic rock tinged album that they've always wanted to make.

generic??? get your ears checked mate :rolleyes:

Crack The Skye is a masterpiece! It doesn't seem pretentious at all to me, its the classic rock tinged album that they've always wanted to make.

Different strokes for different folks then so. :pac:

chin_grin wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks then so. :pac:

Don't try Dream Theater/<insert prog metal band here> then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

Love their music, from Lifesblood onwards. Blood Mountain is the only album I haven't completely gotten into, not sure why, I do like it but doesn't engage me as much as the others. Seen them four times and always been impressed with them live too.

Mushy wrote: »
    Don't try Dream Theater/<insert prog metal band here> then:D

Well with you there!

I mean I admire the musicianship. The technical prowess. It's just when you put together a band that each member is as good as the next trying to be (what seems like) on top and most show-off-ery. That's what Skye is to me. A massage of egos.

Well with you there!

I mean I admire the musicianship. The technical prowess. It's just when you put together a band that each member is as good as the next trying to be (what seems like) on top and most show-off-ery. That's what Skye is to me. A massage of egos.

I don't think CTS has any ego massaging(a lot less than many bands have). The Czar is one of the most impressive prog metal songs I've heard in a long time. My cousin doesn't like the new album, says its too tough to get into. He can't get into prog stuff either. Maybe someday it'll all click though for ya(or unravel for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

ive only heard one album ,thought it was terrible ,saw em live once absolutly terrible thought i was listning to one really long song

havent heard any new stuff and i dont think id be bothered

ive only heard one album ,thought it was terrible ,saw em live once absolutly terrible thought i was listning to one really long song

havent heard any new stuff and i dont think id be bothered

I have to ask;

Was the album Crack the Skye?

Was the venue Marlay Park?

Coz I'd agree if you witnessed both first. I'd suggest going back and listening to their first two albums though.

Also, this is an amazing tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

no it was the ambasador supporting slayer back in 2005 for two nights,was there both nights and totally enjoyed slayer hell yea ,to be honest im not sure what album it was i can see the artwork in my head it has a deer type creature on it i think. was the album out at that time i had listened to it before to see if they where anygood

Don't agree with this at all - for one thing, Brann clearly reined in his drumming style to suit the more laidback material on Crack The Skye. The shared singing duties doesn't seem egotistical to me either, though I suppose one could argue that point either way.

• Advertisement

Don't agree with this at all - for one thing, Brann clearly reined in his drumming style to suit the more laidback material on Crack The Skye. The shared singing duties doesn't seem egotistical to me either, though I suppose one could argue that point either way.

One could....but I don't have enough caffeine in me to bother. But yeah I can see your point. Also it might be good to note that I was actually talking about the amazingness that is Meshuggah in that post......:pac:

One could....but I don't have enough caffeine in me to bother. But yeah I can see your point. Also it might be good to note that I was actually talking about the amazingness that is Meshuggah in that post......:pac:
    Oh right Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Love their music, from Lifesblood onwards. Blood Mountain is the only album I haven't completely gotten into, not sure why, I do like it but doesn't engage me as much as the others. Seen them four times and always been impressed with them live too.

:eek: you know aabout there albums/ep's before remission :D

*hero*

Mushy wrote: »
    His voice was destroyed before then, so his singing is quite comical there.

To the person who said they generic...:eek:

I love his voice except for the high pitched bits.... My ears nearly dies when he went all high for the czar live :eek: It sounded evil :P

:eek: you know aabout there albums/ep's before remission :D

*hero*
    Haha! Yeah hadn't heard them before Remission but got Lifesblood after that. Crazy, awesome stuff. The drumming especially is just mental.

I know I wish sometimes they went back to there old ways :D

Why do you keep trying? If you don't like them so be it! No need to get yourself worked up.
    Personally I can't stand neither them nor Machine Head even though everyone seems to love them so much. So many of their songs are just a wall of noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Why do you keep trying? If you don't like them so be it! No need to get yourself worked up.
    Personally I can't stand neither them nor Machine Head even though everyone seems to love them so much. So many of their songs are just a wall of noise.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement