Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help asap

• 15-03-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

2 things. First one anybody know any good recovery mechanics in newbridge kilcullen area. Secondly what happened was driving in 407 no motor way all going fine when suddenly car flash's depollution system failure and cuts out on me. No power at all and now in hard shoulder and car wont start for me. Any guess's. Oh yeah just as this was happening the car expelled a huge cloud of black smoke from exhaust. altogether failured

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

DPF (Diesel Partuclate Filter) failure more than likely. This is going to be expensive I'm afraid - if it is that.
    Sorry I cn't help you with the recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

ok have break down assist and they are coming to collect me sometime before 10pm i'd say. If it is the dpf what kinda bill am i looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

racso1975 wrote: »
    ok have break down assist and they are coming to collect me sometime before 10pm i'd say. If it is the dpf what kinda bill am i looking at?
    TBh I don't know, but I think Peugeot were qouting someone on here reciently about €700 ~ or there abouts. There is a fluid that has to be topped up and a filter that has to be cleaned/changed too.
    Not just any fluid and filter mind you. The parts are very expensive and it is labour intensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

2 things. First one anybody know any good recovery mechanics in newbridge kilcullen area. Secondly what happened was driving in 407 no motor way all going fine when suddenly car flash's depollution system failure and cuts out on me. No power at all and now in hard shoulder and car wont start for me. Any guess's. Oh yeah just as this was happening the car expelled a huge cloud of black smoke from exhaust. altogether failured

What engine have you got 1.6 or 2.0 hdi...??
    what mileage is on the car..??

The dpf's usally needs replacement around 100k and as cadaliac said the eloys additive will also need topping up at around the same time.

With what you've describe above it sounds like turbo failure..egr related..
    but if its not starting it does'nt look to good...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

ok turns out to the injector seals. Completely my own fault was warned about them but money situation did not allow for it to be done. Heres hopin thats all it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

ok turns out to the injector seals. Completely my own fault was warned about them but money situation did not allow for it to be done. Heres hopin thats all it is!

Common problem on the 1.6 hdi's...seals are cheap but the injector(s)
    will have to come out...also where the injector seal seats onto the head may
    need reseating...Hope thats all thats wrong....;)
    I can't see injector seals putting out black smoke tho...

Advertisement