Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallux rigidus

Options
  • 15-03-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

hey just wondering how other people have managed this condition - it started for me this christmas, the toe joint had been clicking for a good while but no pain etc until christmas when i realised then i couldn't move it the way i could the other toe. its been sore ever since, the dr prescribed various anti inflamatories which worked while i was on them, and excercises also. i got shoes with a rocker base as i thought it would help, but it hasn't. i feel at the end of my tether as i haven't been able to walk much for 3 months now. would love to hear what people have tried, there surely must be something? the only info i have is from googling, doc didnt give a huge amount of info, he's very good but just thought it would clear up but it hasn't. i have seen people mentioning orthotics for shoes, where do you get these from? whats the next step, at the moment i am repeatedly going to my gp at 50e a pop and i see no huge improvement.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

hi,

Have you been to a physio?
    By the sounds of it mine aren't as severe as yours but my physio sorted out orthotics for me (took a cast of my feet etc). I don't think all physios do it but it would be worth asking around.

Best of luck.

Advertisement