Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with installing network printer

• 15-03-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭

So Ive got a hp colour laserjet cp3525n and a bog standard netgear router. Ive connected the ethernet cable from the printer to the router. So what do I do next so I can use the printer on the other pcs and laptops.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Basically you need to give your printer an IP address usually done through the printer display but sometimes through a utility on the CD's included.

Then install the driver (the CD should Auto run and take you through this) and when asked for what port use standard TCP/IP and put in the address you assigned the printer.

Generally HP have fairly simple step by step guides so just try follow that and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

cheers, do I have to install it on just one computer or all? Sorry lad i know nothing about these things. I can see a IP address on the menu of the printer I just use that so? its 192.168.0.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Advertisement