Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs Trust voucher

Options
  • 15-03-2010 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

A neighbour last year homed a dog out of Offaly pound, cost her €20 to get spayed with dogs trust voucher at local vet. Last week she took another dog, male this time to keep her little one company, again has to get him nuetered, called vet this morning to book him and and was told vouchers are back in but have gone up to €50. she dont mind, she not complaining but is this the right price? There is a reason why im asking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Maybe give them a ring and ask http://www.dogstrust.ie/neutering/

I haven't heard anything about the price changing and was only talking to my vet who is waiting for their book about it last week and he didn't mention anything about a price change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

Thanks for that. Im just after ringing them and the price is unchanged €20. They have taking the vets details and are investigating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

who pays for the rest - is it "dogs trust" and is this money they raise for "saving" dogs? just wondering as i think a few people out there with dogs that could afford to neuter themselves may not understand that a charity is picking up the rest of the vets bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

PaulB91 wrote: »
    who pays for the rest - is it "dogs trust" and is this money they raise for "saving" dogs? just wondering as i think a few people out there with dogs that could afford to neuter themselves may not understand that a charity is picking up the rest of the vets bill
    Yeah dogs trust pay for rest. In this case they have saved 2 dogs out of the pound, the one they took out last week was first on list to be PTS, no one was even looking at the poor dog, not because it was tempremental or anything, just not the best looking dog in the world. They have got them fully vac, wormed fleed, even chipped. You might be thinking, as i was, what happens if they get sick as both not working, they have got insurance, so that is a good thing.
    Yeah i agree with you i know a few, in fact a good few people, one of these i know have their own buisness, both drive 09 mercs, and last year borrowed a pension book to get their €1000+ dog done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

Yeah i agree with you i know a few, in fact a good few people, one of these i know have their own buisness, both drive 09 mercs, and last year borrowed a pension book to get their €1000+ dog done.

that's disgusting! hope kama bites them in the butt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Can you report them for fraud? Surely borrowing someone else's pension book to avail of services is illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Demonique wrote: »
    Can you report them for fraud? Surely borrowing someone else's pension book to avail of services is illegal?
    It’s obtaining goods or services under false pretences, dogs trust would be able to reclaim their money from them

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Price definitely hasn't gone up to 50 euro! And as for getting the people who commit fraud, I don't think Dogs Trust really have the resources to track those people down. I know they've really lowered the amounts of vouchers issued to vets- it used to be really as many as required but is now down to one book of vouchers per practice per year in many cases. Those fraudsters really make me angry, especially when they've paid loads of money for the dog but are too cheap to fork out for getting it neutered!! (and then drive off in their new BMW/Merc as stated in a previous post...grrrrr)

Advertisement