Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burnside

Options
  • 15-03-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Whats burnside in Letterkenny like to live in? Has anyone here lived in it recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

muffler wrote: »
    Where is it?

Its lower main street letterkenny you take a right before you come to deja vu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

alot of people would consider it a bit of a ghetto in Letterkenny TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bob Z wrote: »
    Its lower main street letterkenny you take a right before you come to deja vu.
    Sorry, dont know the area myself so cant comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

I lived there for a awhile when the place was just new and renting while awaiting for house to be finished. TBH I was never so glad to get out of a place in my life.
    Didn't think much of the place at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

If its that area near Oldtown with all the blocks of flats then I wouldnt recommend it either, heard a lot of bad stories of the area

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Harps wrote: »
    If its that area near Oldtown with all the blocks of flats then I wouldnt recommend it either, heard a lot of bad stories of the area

It's not, you're thinking of Riverside and Westside. Burnside is sort of opposite the Cavern. It used to be rough, but I see they've got big electric gates on it now, so maybe it's been sorted out recently. Can't really say for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It depends on your priorities, if your willing to put up with noise and maybe some anti-social behaviour (drunk people more than anything) for the benefit of living in the center of town, then its grand.
    Its a small enough town, there's plenty of places away from the main street but still within walking distance, i'd look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Klim wrote: »
    but I see they've got big electric gates on it now, so maybe it's been sorted out recently. Can't really say for sure though.

Perhaps, the gates are to keep them in!!! ;) It have been years since I lived there so maybe it is better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Senna wrote: »
    It depends on your priorities, if your willing to put up with noise and maybe some anti-social behaviour (drunk people more than anything) for the benefit of living in the center of town, then its grand.
    Its a small enough town, there's plenty of places away from the main street but still within walking distance, i'd look elsewhere.

No i dont want to specifically live in the town centre its just cheaper there. It had a bad rep long time ago but wondering if its still like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Bit rough, but not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Bit of a slum.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Better than other intown developments, though I think was a tax incentive development with Landlords from all over the country. From what I have heard it depends alot on your landlord/agency's attention to detail and problems.

Lots of stairs too but very close to town centre

Advertisement