Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racial discrimination Dublin city centre restaurant

Options
  • 15-03-2010 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Normally I wouldn't bother but this really pissed me off. I was in a Dublin city centre Tapas bar (first time) with my wife and a friend we were seated and had ordered.

A group of Irish people were brought upstairs and shown a table which was clearly not big enough for them. 4 seats and 5 people... One of them pointed to another table which would have suited them better but was told this was "reserved" however the Irish fella pointed out that this restaurant does not take bookings. After arguing a bit (right beside us) the waiter says they make exceptions for Portuguese and Spanish people and allow them to reserve! This rightly infuriated the Irish fella who said "You are refusing Irish people in an restaurant in Ireland?" at that point they left clearly very unhappy.

We were at the point of getting up and leaving as well but thought why not stick around see what the food is like. Anyway, food was reasonable but incredibly greasy. Based on the food alone I would not go back but based on the treatment of potential cliental NEVER AGAIN.

After 45 minutes of being there the table which was reserved was still empty. How retarded, turn down business (probably over 100 euros) and then alienate them so they will never return and like me tell 100 people about it. Also its the Irish people who are the bread and butter of any business. A business like that cannot survive on Portuguese and Spanish customers. Also can you imagine what would happen if an Irish restaurant did the same thing and made the statement: "We only take bookings for Irish people", it would be everywhere.

Rant over. If you want to know the name of the place in question please PM me.

Comments

Advertisement