Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogey songs

Options
  • 15-03-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,just a quick one. Is it just me or has anybody else got a bogey song i.e. one you cant finish. Im on medium at the moment and have GHWT and GH Metallica.I can comfortably finish all songs on each 85 to 95% except War Ensemble on GH Metallica.Try and try as i may,cant get past 16% without getting boo'd off.Ive gone into practice mode but just cant "get it".Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There's a few things you could try.
    1. Save all your starpower and unleash it right before you fail.
    2. Remember that you lose more "rock/fail meter" for strumming when there's no notes there than for missing/playing the wrong not. That means that flailing the strumbar in the attempt to hit every note is actually worse than not playing at all.
    3. Try to recogise patters in the notes, that's generally how most people play expert. They're not actually sight reading each individual note on fast sections. They see a "green red yellow" pattern, and they know to play it while looking for the next pattern.
    4. If there's one particular part getting you down, just try to hit half the notes, that should keep your "rock/fail" meter up enough to get you out the otherside. Sure it's cheating, but you don't think most people played Jordan in GH2 properly, didya? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Cheers for reply,but like i said,cant get past 16 or so %,so no star power to begin with. Just cant "get into the song". Tried it umpteen times and cant get off the mark at all.Maybe im trying to play it as it sounds?Its frustrating,esp when i can complete songs which i would consider harder.A bro of mine just recently got into GH,has the Metallica game,can only complete half a dozen of the songs on it,tried my "bogey" song an finished it,ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shakes fist at Hanger 18 in GH2 and visions in RB2 :mad:

Working on beating Hanger 18 on expert at the moment. Lols @ Jordan must give that a go later don't think i unlocked it yet, and there is a cheese ment for doing it on expert

Anyway op a Calex pro tip : well more a tip for RB and harder settings as the timing windows are far less forgiving and I notoriously suck at expert solo's. I do as onion mentioned and hoard star power. When you get to a section that zig zags from green down to orange and back up again etc. pick a spot to plant your hand on and don't move it, you are more likely to hit more notes that way than trying to slide your hand down to get orange with your pinkey. So for the sake of hitting that one note you could potentially miss 10 more by the time your brain reacts to moving back up the neck again to get a higher note in the chain.

As for my truly bogey song: Come out and play by Offspring in RB2 it's a tier 3/4 song not hard at all but I can barely 4* the piece of sh*t :( and I have gold stars coming out my back side in other songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Sure it's cheating, but you don't think most people played Jordan in GH2 properly, didya? :P

I know I didn't. Still my greatest rhythm game achievement :) What a feeling.

OP, this is boring, but sound advice: Take it into practice and drop the speed to 50% speed, when you hit above 90% of notes at this speed, move up to 60%... then rince and repeat.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I know I didn't. Still my greatest rhythm game achievement :) What a feeling
    Tell me about it. It took me about 4 months of WORK to finish that song, and when I did, on that faithful day, I genuinely dropped to my knees and kissed my plastic axe. I still have the video, you can hear how breathless I am. What a moment.

• Advertisement

Dropped down a speed in practice and could get 90% no bother,went back to normal-all over the place,ha ha ha.Ive formed the opinion that its too fast for me.I wouldnt be the youngest GH player out there,maybe the old hand -eye coordination and reflexes arent what they used to be:(.:(Time to cheat methinks.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I wouldnt be the youngest GH player out there,maybe the old hand -eye coordination and reflexes arent what they used to be

I'm in that club too :D

Cracked it at 81% by leaving out some notes that were causing me problems,but dont feel good about it,ha ha ha.Ill stick with it though and keep throwing in the occasional extra note and see how i get on.;)

Advertisement