Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options
  • 15-03-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Is there anyway to get out of a contract with this crowd if the service is below sub standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get out of a contract with this crowd if the service is below sub standard?

If they are not offering what they said they would provided then yes since they have broke their own contract.

IMO while having to ring UPC is a pain, once you have the service it is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I hear your pain. If they parked one of their vans outside the house I'd run them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Of course it's possible. It's just heartbreaking to build up evidence of contract breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RangeR wrote: »
    Of course it's possible. It's just heartbreaking to build up evidence of contract breach.

Contract Breach is a difficult one. But AFAIK the law does give extra protection for consumers that sign contracts without really understanding them. B2C businesses have to be very careful what they put into their contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Getting out of a contract is not the same as failure of performance be it either a total or a partial failure. Your more likely remedy is breach of contract for failure to supply what you have paid for. That said you can always ask UPC to cancel the contract if the service is so poor.

Every time service is absent or inadeuate e-mail them so that you build up a record of complaints. Handily enough I think that you get automated e-mail replies with tracking numbers from UPC everytime you write a new complaint. This allows you to create a paper trail of evidence of complaint.

Telephone calls and their contents are notoriously difficult to stand up in evidence.

If you are getting some service of an acceptable standard your best outcome might be an order for damages for partial failure of contract.

I think that this should be capable of being dealt with in the Small Claims Court but you can check this via https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

Don't let them away with it.........

• Advertisement
Advertisement