If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.1 Speaker Set-up

Options
  • 15-03-2010 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 2.1 speaker set-up for use with a PS3. From looking around the net, the Aego M's seem to get great reviews. Does richersounds stock these, and if so, how are they priced? Would you have any alternatives you could recommend?

Thanks,

Eamonn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Eamonn.

Unfortunately we don't stock these as they are more of a computer type of product than an A/V product. These are active speakers that can connect to ipod's etc and instead of these you would be much better off looking at the Onkyo HTX22.

This product is just about to be replaced (in a few weeks) but I have our display one left. It's an excellent system which has a decent amplifier built-in, HDMI switching, high definition audio decoding and as well as this has a really punchy sub and the ability to add extra speakers to make it a 5.1 system.

It's a serious piece of kit and I can let it go for £229.95 delivered (normally £252 delivered).

We have a few boardies who have purchased these and they are a very popular product.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Do recommend these for the PS3, mine is a week old, no buzzing that used to affect earlier builds and every time I fire a gun in Bad Company 2 I giggle…

…manically

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey eamonntheviking.

I know its been a brave few days from your original post.

If have not yet sourced yourself a 2.1 System have a look at the following which we have listed as a boards special:

Pioneer BCS-FS500 - Finally I have a Blu-Ray 2.1 system available - this is selling at €599 in the ROI - I have it available at a bonkers £299.95 / €349.99 again this offer is completely exclusive to Boardies and will not be offered at the same price in-store:

The FS500 has really stylish slim front speakers and a matching subwoofer - all powered by a 300watt amplifier - of course Radio and Blu-Ray are included - It's Dolby True HD Equipped and it includes an Ipod dock / cradle.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...500/index.html

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=5567

This is our best ever Blu-Ray system deal (even our cousins in Richer Sounds PLC are selling them at £369.95 at the moment - so at £299.95 they really are a crazy deal!)

Please note that the Pioneer system cannot be released until April but we are taking preorders now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Would the above work with other inputs? Or is it the included BR player and nothing else? (PS3 for example)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Noodler.

The Pioneer BCS-FS500 has the following inputs and outputs:

2 x HDMI in, 1 x HDMI out, 1 x USB (front), 1 x Ethernet, 1 x RCA Audio, 1 x Optical, 1 x Coaxial, 1 x iPod cradle input (cradle included), 1 x Composite out, 1 x Component out, Spring-type speaker terminals.

So your PS3 could be connected with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

Thanks for the offer Kenny and apologies for the delay, I was in Spain for a week! Unfortunately the budget couldnt stretch to either of those and I went with the Aego M's. If my living situation changes though and I can get a bigger system, I'll be onto ye again!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bobbleheadray

Hi Eamonn.

Unfortunately we don't stock these as they are more of a computer type of product than an A/V product. These are active speakers that can connect to ipod's etc and instead of these you would be much better off looking at the Onkyo HTX22.

This product is just about to be replaced (in a few weeks) but I have our display one left. It's an excellent system which has a decent amplifier built-in, HDMI switching, high definition audio decoding and as well as this has a really punchy sub and the ability to add extra speakers to make it a 5.1 system.

It's a serious piece of kit and I can let it go for £229.95 delivered (normally £252 delivered).

We have a few boardies who have purchased these and they are a very popular product.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

wooohooo!!! replacement will be out in a few weeks. i can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bobbleheadray

Hey eamonntheviking.

I know its been a brave few days from your original post.

If have not yet sourced yourself a 2.1 System have a look at the following which we have listed as a boards special:

Pioneer BCS-FS500 - Finally I have a Blu-Ray 2.1 system available - this is selling at €599 in the ROI - I have it available at a bonkers £299.95 / €349.99 again this offer is completely exclusive to Boardies and will not be offered at the same price in-store:

The FS500 has really stylish slim front speakers and a matching subwoofer - all powered by a 300watt amplifier - of course Radio and Blu-Ray are included - It's Dolby True HD Equipped and it includes an Ipod dock / cradle.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...500/index.html

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=5567

This is our best ever Blu-Ray system deal (even our cousins in Richer Sounds PLC are selling them at £369.95 at the moment - so at £299.95 they really are a crazy deal!)

Please note that the Pioneer system cannot be released until April but we are taking preorders now!!

This would have been perfect if it's able to connect a center and rear speakers just like the onkyo htx 22hdx. Still, best price in town. I would have bought this but I already have a center and rear speakers awaiting the arrival of htx 22hdx.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.