Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 day week and Bank Holidays

Options
  • 15-03-2010 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me on where i stand with the following? I work a 3 day week mon to wed and with the bank holiday coming up should my employer pay me for Paddys day or would i be expected to come in on Thursday? When i started doing the 3 day week i was told my days could change so im expecting to be told i've to work Mon, Tues and Thursday this week.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They would need to pay you 1/5th of your weekly salary for any bank holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If you work 8 hours per week or more, they have to pay you one fifth of your average working week taken from the average of your last 20 weeks work.

Long winded - but true. From my NERA inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

If you work 8 hours per week or more, they have to pay you one fifth of your average working week taken from the average of your last 20 weeks work.

Long winded - but true. From my NERA inspection.

same here

Advertisement