Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on with NTL BB in Galway

• 15-03-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Last week it was up and down. Rarely having to reboot my gear in the house, I was forced to do so several times a day last week and it always worked after a reboot (for a while). Then on Friday I thought to hell with this and phoned them up. They voice prompted a known fault in the Galway area and just said to reboot your equipment and all would sort itself out. Eventually on Friday evening I stopped rebooting and noticed that the WAN IP (& entire subnet) handed to my modem was completed different. Also now when I do a speedtest.net test I see my "suggested" location is Dublin where as before it was Galway.

Since then it has been working fine and I'm getting the correct speed, but I'm curious to know what's going on and why I am on a completely different subnet to this time last week. It's like they couldn't fix a local hardware fault and just routed us over to another network.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well I'm living in Dublin and had huge trouble over the weekend - still ongoing as of last night. It would connect for a minute at incredibly slow speeds and then lose connectivity again for a few minutes. It's been up and down for the last 2 days. It's driving me up the wall.

Over the few years I've had the NTL BB I've had to reboot the gear a few times, and that normally resolves any issues, but this time it seems to be a server issue. It's almost like it's restarting every couple of minutes or something...

Advertisement