Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended hosting?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

The charter includes;
    Web Hosting
    1. Questions about specific web hosting companies or how to use their services aren't allowed.

, so I'm guessing this post is Okay as I am not asking about a specific company, just looking for a recommendation for a good one.

I'm setting up a small ecommerce website so there won't be heavy requirements. I don't yet have my domain registered either, so I'd appreciate advice on what's the best value for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

There is a fairly decent list here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57012 , all can provide what your looking for, so best bet would be ring around or even meet them to discuss what you need, will give you a better idea of what type of service you can expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If you are happy that your numbers will be small at the beginning, then shared hosting (LAMP or WAMP) should be fine for you. If you expect heavy traffic (i.e. if you get press coverage etc) then you might want to look at using a VPS.

Advertisement