Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got grant letters, mistake on one

Options
  • 15-03-2010 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I got my grant letters today. There is a mistake on one of them.

It says it is for a .22 Remmington Shotgun! :eek: It should be a rifle.

What should I do? Pay it or get it fixed now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

If the serial numbers match id pay it now and get your licence, you can bring it to their attention at a later date.
    I cant see you having any major problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

sorry to hijack your thread, just wondering after you pay at the post office how long will you be waiting to get the licence, i paid friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You should have them within a week.

If the serial numbers match id pay it now and get your licence, you can bring it to their attention at a later date.
    I cant see you having any major problem with it.
    Would that be the best approach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Would that be the best approach?

Yes, I believe it would.

An FCA1 was submitted for a.22 Rem. rifle.
    The process was followed for a.22 Rem. rifle.
    Approval was granted, presumably for a .22 Rem. rifle..
    A typo was contained on the form that issued, describing it as a shotgun.
    No such calibre of shotgun exists.

So

Pay the fee at the PO, (I had my license within 3 days of payment)
    When you get your licence, buy your ammo.
    Then, at your leisure, write to the local FO telling him that you have seen an error on your licence:)

P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My brother has something similar to this and he contacted the Supers sectrary and she sorted it out and he got a new grant letter within a couple of days

Supers Secretary is not answering the phone as she is on industrial action.

Back to square 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Supers Secretary is not answering the phone as she is on industrial action.

Back to square 1.

You could try 999!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

My brother has something similar to this and he contacted the Supers sectrary and she sorted it out and he got a new grant letter within a couple of days

I had something similar. It was my license with a reduced number of shells. I called the Supers office and received a new license a few days later - very quick and painless.

I will have a chat with the FO in the district office this evening and see where I stand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Use the FCA2.

Get the license first with the grant letter you received. After this pick up or download an FCA2.

Use the "Amendment to firearm/Personal details" section. Second set of options is amending firearm detail mistakes. You can change the make, model, caliber, type. You put the details of the firearm as they appear on your license on the left. Then on the right you put in the correct or amended details. Go to your FO tell him what the problem is and hand in the FCA2. Job done.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

FO says he will amend it on the system and send me out a new grant letter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ezridax wrote: »
    Use the FCA2.

Get the license first with the grant letter you received. After this pick up or download an FCA2.

Use the "Amendment to firearm/Personal details" section. Second set of options is amending firearm detail mistakes. You can change the make, model, caliber, type. You put the details of the firearm as they appear on your license on the left. Then on the right you put in the correct or amended details. Go to your FO tell him what the problem is and hand in the FCA2. Job done.

Just ask your FO to amend it on the system and send out a new grant letter..................:o:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My brother has something similar to this and he contacted the Supers sectrary FO and she sorted it out and he got a new grant letter within a couple of days

:p

Glad your sorted lad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jamesomara

HQ that is.

Seriously, don't play around. I had an error on the form and the new one was out to me in a week after I explained the problem. Just take it to the Gardai and explain the problem.

Honesty is always the best policy and I am sure that the Gardai will appreciate your be forthcoming.

It has been all sorted without going anywhere near HQ.

Advertisement