Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Video capture card.

• 15-03-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

Tallon got me into the idea to capture my MW2/1 games, and i was wondering if this is the right product to use?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11127

how does it work? i play on a 32" HDtv if it makes a difference..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Too tired, so I'll just give you slugs' quick capsule review, PIECE OF ****! If you're going to buy a capture card, you're looking at 60€+. I'll explain later, but for now, don't by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Don’t mind slugs you DONT need to spend 60+.

i bought the dazzle platinum at Christmas in pc world for 100:rolleyes:

Still regret it.

The dazzle is the WORST capture card on the market without question.

it doesn’t support 60 hrz games and that’s where the problems of many begin.

I have settled for the easy cap which does support 60 hz , i picked it up on eBay for 12euro.

if your buying an easy cap make sure you get EASYCAP DC60+ OSX VISTA 64bit V1.3A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Still regret it.

Really?! I heard they were good.

When people are using these capture devices are you splitting the signal (one to tv, one to capture device) or are you just viewing the output on monitor? Also, is there any lag in using such splitters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Don’t mind slugs you DONT need to spend 60+.

Still regret it.

it doesn’t support 60 hrz games and that’s where the problems of many begin.

I have settled for the easy cap which does support 60 hz , i picked it up on eBay for 12euro.

if your buying an easy cap make sure you get EASYCAP DC60+ OSX VISTA 64bit V1.3A

It does support 60 h you have to change your settings from pal.
    animaX wrote: »
    Really?! I heard they were good.

When people are using these capture devices are you splitting the signal (one to tv, one to capture device) or are you just viewing the output on monitor? Also, is there any lag in using such splitters?

No the dazzle platinum is rubbish.

A dvd recorder will give you perfect graphics or then theres the Hauppage HD PVR , which is a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stupidly Naked

Dazzle's are decent with the right settings, can people stop ramming the hdpvr down beginning cappers throats... jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I see this topic is about four months old, but since the newbie bumped it, is the OP still wondering about capture cards? I, or some of the other guys from the Game Recording and Editing forum might be able to help out :)

Advertisement