Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den IRL Season 2 week 3

Options
  • 11-03-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Yay, that was my cousin James and his girlfriend Priscilla :D Weird seeing them on the telly :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Alicat wrote: »
    Yay, that was my cousin James and his girlfriend Priscilla :D Weird seeing them on the telly :D

Well they came across well and I think they made the right decision turning down those offers - 50% for €20k??? (to be honest I'm surprised they were even on the show if they only need €15k myself - why not just goto a bank?)

Still, I suppose the free 15 mins advertising on national TV is worth 10 times that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Well they came across well and I think they made the right decision turning down those offers - 50% for €20k??? (to be honest I'm surprised they were even on the show if they only need €15k myself - why not just goto a bank?)

Still, I suppose the free 15 mins advertising on national TV is worth 10 times that :)

Sarah's offer was ludacris... She had no more intention of investing than the man on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Too right :D Even without the offers, they will have gained a lot just with the publicity. They don't do anything the normal way! :D
    Sarah's offer was ludacris... She had no more intention of investing than the man on the moon.

It was quite insulting, I think she saw it as a small silly thing that she wouldn't be that involved with but I'm sure it was no skin off her nose to spend 20k on something that could take off and she'd have 50% of the business without any effort

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i think he is air locked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

It wouldn't make any sense to give any such a large chunk of the business for so little.

When I heard they were looking for €15000, my first thought was that they didn't want a deal with any of the dragons but just wanted to take the TV exposure and run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Duckjob wrote: »
    It wouldn't make any sense to give any such a large chunk of the business for so little.

I think that was the point of her offer. She's being pressurised by RTE to pump some cash into investments, but she probably doesn't have it to give!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

peanuthead wrote: »
    I think that was the point of her offer. She's being pressurised by RTE to pump some cash into investments, but she probably doesn't have it to give!

Well I don't think she's the only one.. so far this season the investments that win are for amounts that are a pittance to a successful millonaire like the Dragons would/should be.

I mean, even the last fella .. Sean and Bobby both gave him 20k each for 40%? Even if it goes nowhere, surely that's no loss to them anyway?

Maybe RTE should rename this Paupers Den as it doesn't seem to have anywhere near the same "scale" as the UK version.. or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Well I don't think she's the only one.. so far this season the investments that win are for amounts that are a pittance to a successful millonaire like the Dragons would/should be.

I mean, even the last fella .. Sean and Bobby both gave him 20k each for 40%? Even if it goes nowhere, surely that's no loss to them anyway?

Maybe RTE should rename this Paupers Den as it doesn't seem to have anywhere near the same "scale" as the UK version.. or is it just me?

It's definitely not just you. I'd even question they're commitment to investing in businesses, they don't want to take a chance on a company that's in its infancy, which is what dragons den UK was all about. They were a lot more speculative, which made the show appealing, whereas the Irish dragons seem to want a business that's guaranteed to be a success for a relatively small amount of money in exchange for a large percentage of the company. Surely the entrepreneurs can't find it that hard to get a loan from a bank?!

I couldn't believe Sarah's reaction to the business that sold the "Kev valve", she said she couldn't invest because she didn't know anything about the product / industry!! For gods sake, they're supposed to be business people, and invest in a company that has a good chance of being profitable, nobody is expecting them to be engineers!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

zootroid wrote: »
    It's definitely not just you. I'd even question they're commitment to investing in businesses, they don't want to take a chance on a company that's in its infancy, which is what dragons den UK was all about. They were a lot more speculative, which made the show appealing, whereas the Irish dragons seem to want a business that's guaranteed to be a success for a relatively small amount of money in exchange for a large percentage of the company. Surely the entrepreneurs can't find it that hard to get a loan from a bank?!

I couldn't believe Sarah's reaction to the business that sold the "Kev valve", she said she couldn't invest because she didn't know anything about the product / industry!! For gods sake, they're supposed to be business people, and invest in a company that has a good chance of being profitable, nobody is expecting them to be engineers!

Sarah is an absolute disgrace. She didn't even have the manners to go up and look at the product, like the other Dragon's did.

So according to her, if she didn't know anything about computer operating systems then she wouldn't have invested in Microsoft over 20 years ago. Good logic that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sarah is an absolute disgrace. She didn't even have the manners to go up and look at the product, like the other Dragon's did.

I agree, I cant stand her. I always get the feeling from her that in her head she's saying "God, do I have to look at another of these crazy Paddys and their mad ideas". She is aloof (god only knows why), mean spirited, and just plain mean. My blood was boiling when she offered 15k for 50% of the business. 15k ffs... And it's this sort of meanness that will ensure that she will substantiates her reputation as being disingenuous/unfair in her approach to potential investments.

There is no way that she should have been brought back for a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

what the hell is she doing there
    does she ever invest in anyone?
    she comes across as an antichrist

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

she's terrible.
    she's one person i wouldn't like to be working for.
    she comes up with rubbish reasons for not investing,
    why can't she be honest and say she just doesn't want to invest money in ANYONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

There is no way that she should have been brought back for a second season.

I remember reading somewhere that one of the original dragons in one of the other overseas versions was not asked back for the next series because they did not make enough investments.

As for Sarah, why on earth was she invited back? Surely there is another successful businesswoman who could have replaced her??

Advertisement