Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volkswagen - bonnet won't open?

• 15-03-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

My 2008 Jetta is just out of warranty and now the bonnet won't open. Is this a common fault on the Jetta or the Golf? Can it be easily fixed and what is this likely to cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When you pull the lever inside the car does the bonnet open slightly? To let you reach in and undo the catch?
    If nothing happens it's probably to do with the cable from the lever inside or the latch that should unhook the bonnet when you pull the lever.
    A mechanic can get to the latch from underneath and replace it once the bonnet is open. The cost really depends on what part is broken, shouldn't be more than 100-150 with labour (a guess on my part).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Burgess5

Nothing is happening when I pull the lever - though the lever itself moves. I'm guessing there is a problem with the cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Tricky enough job to do without damaging anything. Done it
    to cars and vans in the past. Two person job.
    Firmly press down on the bonnet as the other pulls the lever inside.
    If no joy, its long flat screw job. One person tries to lift the bonnet
    as best they can as the other tries to work the screwdriver into pressing
    the catch opens. If this doesnt help, try your local mechanic.

Advertisement