Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Portsmouth Mon 15th March 2010

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Helix hates scousers.

Facht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Helix hates scousers.

Facht.

this is true

however my reaction wouldve been the same if it was any other player for any other team

apart from james milner, if it was milner it wouldve been alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

mayordenis wrote: »
    Apologies if I took it up wrong,
    but you seem to missing the "I saw the challenge but from my angle it looked rather like a minor coming together" option while I thought your other options were somewhat unfair.

The FA's inaction would discount that option though. If the referee admitted he gave the foul for the tussle, the FA could still act on the elbow. But then, it's best not to try to understand the mechanisms of power in Soho Square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Helix wrote: »
    chest high as opposed to back of the head with a forearm smash while running full tilt at someone facing away from you high?

Oh fúck off - because I must be high to interpret something differently to you. Honestly I wish I was stoned becuase that response wouldn't have gotten to me as much as it has! We know Brown has form, he looks to check Gerrards run, moves into his path and raises his arm , it was going higher until Gerrard got a dig in first - which, as I've said before is unacceptable and not on!

The way you're going on it's as if Gerrard got a notion in his head that he wanted to deck Brown, ran 70 years out of his way and just fúckin nailed him from behind with a falcon punch.

Then again don't take any notice of my opinion seeing as I'm clearly baked off my bóllicks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

this is true

however my reaction wouldve been the same if it was any other player for any other team

apart from james milner, if it was milner it wouldve been alright

so the smack in the face Mascherano got last night, did i miss the thread on that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

PaulieC wrote: »
    Oh fúck off - because I must be high to interpret something differently to you.

I think he was talking about the height of the players arm and not you being "high"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Mr Alan wrote: »
    so the smack in the face Mascherano got last night, did i miss the thread on that?

must have

i didnt see the game, i only saw the vids/gifs of gerrards assault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Absolute joke that Rio got an extra game for a frivolous appeal and Gerrard doesn't get anything.

And some people claim the FA are biased towards United, some freaking joke. The FA are an absolute disgrace.

One word Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

mayordenis wrote: »
    I think he was talking about the height of the players arm and not you being "high"

Ahhhh....cheers for pointing that out Den...without saying "you're rant was based on terrible comprehension skills" :)

My sincere apologies Helix! :(

That said, I do wish I was high!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i only saw the vids/gifs of gerrards assault

...Helix, Helix, Helix.

The ref saw the coming together, not the elbow, and gave the free kick. The FA then contacted him today and asked about it. Not wanting to admit to missing something like that, he explained himself away by saying he saw the elbow and felt there was nothing in it.

That, or he is just incompetent.

Well he is the ref that allowed a goal to stand last season in the Championship when the ball went out for a goal kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Compilation video of Aquilani v Portsmouth. Great performance. Think he was involved in more one twos in that one game than the entire Liverpool team this season.

http://www.footylounge.com/films//milankakabaros/alberto-aqulani-v-portsmouth-15032010-video_bd4165f64.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

chest high as opposed to back of the head with a forearm smash while running full tilt at someone facing away from you high?

There is about a foot in the difference in height between the two so the intent was the same on both side just Brown lacked the physical attributes to do it to Gerrard

No excuse for Gerrard though, he shouldn't have done it

lordgoat wrote: »
    St Stevie gets away with it. Shock horror!
    FA rules do not allow retrospective action against a player if the official sees the alleged offence.

I take it then you did not see Brown do the same thing to Gerrard in the 1st half.

Forearm in the back of the head at about the 20th min just inside the Portsmouth box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ha, just thought of a good headline;

"Gerrard Incident Leads to Sweet FA"

Advertisement