Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Portsmouth Mon 15th March 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

So close to a 4th there from Nando - hearing the voices tonight.

Pompey just shocking altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

K-9 wrote: »
    My God, My screen is gone all white.

That excited? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

The one time, the one time we actually look like a football time, after the course of ****e I've had to go through this season, the one time we play well, and sopcast is gone mental.

God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

jeez! I'm actually enjoying watching Liverpool:eek:

(cue dodgy pen followed by wonder strike from pompey and a last 15min sweat:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why not use boring old media player links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Goose81 wrote: »

A dead Justin TV link? Thanks.

Livesport1 is running fine, just foreign commentary. I'll settle for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Carra trying to get in on the act now. Look a different team.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Let's go crazy and mad because Liverpool are beating the nearly-relegated Portsmouth at the bottom of the Premiership.

Times are bad at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Carra can f*ck off with his attitude.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Osu wrote: »
    Let's go crazy and mad because Liverpool are beating the nearly-relegated Portsmouth at the bottom of the Premiership.

Gold star for you!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Babel goes it alone, again,and loses ball again,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

spockety wrote: »
    Gold star for you!

Oh why feed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

well, that half rocked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

well, that half rocked :)

Only half?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Absolutely amazing observation skills right there :rolleyes:

You aren't in on the joke, are you?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Does it get better than that? I know its Portsmouth but there were 20 mins there when I wish it was Sunday and we were playing Utd - because we were close to unstoppable. Please let it continue, tonight Thursday and of course Sunday, too much to hope for?

You know while Maxi has done well what this half shows to me (again) is that Johnson is largely wasted at RB. I'd have Kelly there in a flash.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    That excited? :eek:

Well it isn't premature anyway! I've waited 10 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Too many positives to point out from that half but dear god Maxi and Aqua have woken up and started delivering, would like to see Babel do more from open play though he can cause problems if he just gets into the right positions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Carra can f*ck off with his attitude.

wut?

Finnan hasn't exactly done much in the way of proving Rafa wrong in terms of the whole sold too soon debate.

Kinda hard to judge Finnan given how poor Pompey have been but Torres, Babel, Insua, and Aquilani have all gotten some joy down the left at times.

On the potential subs front.

Kelly for Insua and push Agger to the left - rest Insua and give Kelly some more game at CB. Alternatively maybe go for a straight Johnson Kelly swap, but I think Johnson needs game time for sharpness.
    Lucas for Masch - rest Masch and give Lucas a run
    N'gog for Torres - rest him and keep him hungry for Lille and Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

This is exactly how we were playing this time last year,more of the same 2nd half pleez

mike65 wrote: »
    You know while Maxi has done well what this half shows to me (again) is that Johnson is largely wasted at RB. I'd have Kelly there in a flash.

Im just thanking god for small mercies that Kuyt isn't on that wing tonight....yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think that's one of the things that annoys me most about babel, he is so useless for most of the time, then he does something deadly, i just find it hard to forget the rest of the ****e. maxi and aqua are running the show for me, both been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Oh why feed him

Why not? Posters like that should be informed of how irrelevant their outlook on the game is at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i think that's one of the things that annoys me most about babel, he is so useless for most of the time, then he does something deadly, i just find it hard to forget the rest of the ****e. maxi and aqua are running the show for me, both been great.

Agree about Maxi and Aquilani, particularly Maxi who looks very tidy. Probably his best game thus far.

In regards to Babel, consistency in performance will come with consistency of starts. Or at least thats what I think.

I think a large part of how good we've played has been down to how awful Pompey have been in midfield - been no really decent pressure on Babel, Aquilani, Maxi, Gerrard, Johnson, Insua in the midfield areas by Pompey, which has made it very easy to set up attacks.

Kelly for Insua and push Agger to the left - rest Insua and give Kelly some more game at CB. Alternatively maybe go for a straight Johnson Kelly swap, but I think Johnson needs game time for sharpness.
    Lucas for Masch - rest Masch and give Lucas a run
    N'gog for Torres - rest him and keep him hungry for Lille and Utd.

Aquas been bombing forward so I'd only put Lucas on if he stays back to prevent counters. Agreed Kelly should be put on, Maybe switch to 4-4-2 with Ngog and Torres up front to see how they get on...would be interesting to see.

Is Pacheco on the bench? He'd cause wreck tonight considering the defence Pompey are putting up imo

• Advertisement

It's a bit worrying how easily a team showign little interest in playing and wo's players look like they are just hanging roudn till the transfer window opens can decide to run at us and get 2or 3 chances just before hal time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Still haven't seen any of the goals because I can't get a half decent cnuting stream. :mad::mad::mad: Why!!!! I sat through so much crap with a flawless stream!! ARGH!!!!

Stekelly wrote: »
    wut?
    Shouting at insua and then was still shaking his head thirty seconds later.

Mr Alan wrote: »

To quote someone else talking about Wagner - he has great moments and terrible half-hours. Doing okay tonight though.

I think a large part of how good we've played has been down to how awful Pompey have been in midfield - been no really decent pressure on Babel, Aquilani, Maxi, Gerrard, Johnson, Insua in the midfield areas by Pompey, which has made it very easy to set up attacks.

True, I feel bad for O' Hara who's been working hard(he seems to be the only one) but Liverpool have been passing quickly - nice one touch football and they're at 6's and 7's - also it's not like any one player is running the show that they can man mark - man for man Pompey are being destroyed there by superior football imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

magma69 wrote: »
    Still haven't seen any of the goals because I can't get a half decent cnuting stream. :mad::mad::mad: Why!!!! I sat through so much crap with a flawless stream!! ARGH!!!!

Why do you (or other people without ESPN / Sky / Setanta) feel entitled to a perfectly working stream?

YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR ANY COVERAGE OF THE GAME, AS SUCH, YOU SHOULD NOT BE EXPECTANT OF CLEAR AND CONSISTENT COVERAGE.

Christ. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Good strikes by Babel and Aquilani in fairness...

Why did they show that one in the highlights? Other than the fact she was serious

Shouting at insua and then was still shaking his head thirty seconds later.

So? 3-0 up is exactly the time to not switch off and start getting lazy. God knows Insua is defending poorly enough lately when it matters.

Carra's attitude is A1 as usual. Play every minute as if your a goal down and you wont let your game drop. Wish all the players thought he same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Why do you (or other people without ESPN / Sky / Setanta) feel entitled to a perfectly working stream?

YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR ANY COVERAGE OF THE GAME, AS SUCH, YOU SHOULD NOT BE EXPECTANT OF CLEAR AND CONSISTENT COVERAGE.

Christ. :rolleyes:

Smug much?

I'll rant as I please.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Aquas been bombing forward so I'd only put Lucas on if he stays back to prevent counters. Agreed Kelly should be put on, Maybe switch to 4-4-2 with Ngog and Torres up front to see how they get on...would be interesting to see.

Is Pacheco on the bench? He'd cause wreck tonight considering the defence Pompey are putting up imo

If Lucas came on it would be clearly to replace Masch and his mind the house role allowing Aquilani, Johnson and Insua get forward.

Don't think Torres needs 90 mins. Rest him and keep him hungry for Utd.

No Pacheco on the bench :( - real shame as could have been given a good run in a game like this to build experience.

Wilson for Pompey really looks like he's unlikely to be putting too much pressure on the incumbents in the Irish defence anytime soon.

good idea from babel, just too much on it,

• Advertisement

No Pacheco on the bench :(

SICK-EN-ED :(

True, I feel bad for O' Hara who's been working hard(he seems to be the only one) but Liverpool have been passing quickly - nice one touch football and they're at 6's and 7's - also it's not like any one player is running the show that they can man mark - man for man Pompey are being destroyed there by superior football imo

Was about to say similar about O'Hara being the only one in the Pompey midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fantastic move there. Almost number 4

Just fantastic football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Some great football there.

more of the same please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Amazing! Great play especially from Aquilani. Some beautiful short passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Babel has been impressive, but my, Aquilani is a quality player in the making.

SICK-EN-ED :(

Think he could still be in Spain with the U19s - not sure though.
    Fingers crossed he makes the bench for the Lille game.

Sweet sweet passing movement there.

I know Torres will get it but Aquilani has been the best player on the park tonight imo....great to see it from him!

Unlucky Babel!

• Advertisement
Advertisement