Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Portsmouth Mon 15th March 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Id say Thursday is on Rafas mind hence Kuyt and Lucas being rested as opposed to "benched"
    Delighted with this team and Im now actually looking forward to watching this,albeit online!
    4-1 the Pool

I knew I should have gone to the bookies!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

spockety wrote: »
    where is the rage for the elbow in masch's face?

there was no elbow

there was a hand? maybe you get confused by anatomy?

stupid thing to do obviously but sure all we can ask of officials is consistency isnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Liverpool captain Stephen Gerrard intentionally smashes a player in the face with his elbow and gets away with it? It was Michael Brown?

Fúcking hero if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PaulieC wrote: »
    I may be wrong but if you saw that in a Wolves - Burnley game you wouldn't give a fúck it's not justice you're looking for - I think you're blinkered by the fact that its "that Bóllocks Gerrard getting away with it again" mentality. He deserved a red, didn't get it, if the FA does it's job he'll get a ban end of.

you dont know me very well

I wouldnt be watching a burnley v wolves game:pac:
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    he gave a free kick for it headshot, so i'd say he saw it. shocking from Gerrard but i think he's gotten away wit it.

did he

tut

laughable stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Getting close to the end. Nearly time for Rafa Interview Bingo. My words that you will definitely hear are 'quality', 'character' (more than once) and 'attitude'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

pretty sure Brown and Gerrard have a history, but can't think of wat it is for the life of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I blame Stevie for ruining the thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Archimedez wrote: »
    Liverpool captain Stephen Gerrard intentionally smashes a player in the face with his elbow and gets away with it? It was Michael Brown?

surely the FA will take action?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

pretty sure Brown and Gerrard have a history, but can't think of wat it is for the life of me

Brown probably kicked him in the back of the legs and kneed him in the back several times. But then he does that to every player he is marking in every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Headshot wrote: »
    you dont know me very well

I wouldnt be watching a burnley v wolves game:pac:

did he

tut

laughable stuff

Stevie Starfish get sent off? Not going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Aquilani would be my man of the match but I also couldnt argue against Torres, with 2 goals and 2 assists.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Did anyone see that shocking elbow by Gerrard on Brown??????

:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Archimedez wrote: »

What did Michael Brown do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What did Gerrard do?

90+3 min: Tonight's crowd is the lowest Premier League attendance at Anfield in three years. Bet they're glad they stayed away now. Reina saves from Owusu-Abeyie ...

idiotic from gerrard, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Good game - finally a performance of some distinction even if it was against Portsmouth. Maxi had a good first half, great to see Torres back to form and best of all - a powerhouse performance by Aquilani in midfield, he's finally arrived and hopefully he'll push on from here with similar performances in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Our Club Captain ladies and gentlemen. What an irresponsible toss pot he has been this year. I hope the FA throw the book at him to be honest.

As I said last week. He is proving to be a little bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

spockety wrote: »
    Did anyone see that shocking elbow by Gerrard on Brown??????

:mad: :mad:

IN fairness Brown threw his head at Gerrards elbow, Gerrard was lucky to get out of the way and barely brushed him imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Here's what Didier had to say about the Gerrard incident

Spare a thought for him and the Man utd fans worldwide who will be losing sleep over this tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It was an elbow on michael brown, most people would see that as perfectly fair, brown has made a carrer out of it :D:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Good memory. He was involved in a few dodgy moments against Liverpool. The spitting incident game against Sheffield United and the headbutting of Alonso when Brown was at Wigan spring to mind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Iago wrote: »
    barely brushed him imo

just a flesh wound! :D

i agree with Archie actually, of course Gerrard should have been punished, absolutely stupid thing to do and the pool fans laughing about it wouldnt be so smug if the ref had done his job properly.

but his choice of player to smash pleases me

Brown is just a thug, nice to see him get a bit imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Kess73 wrote: »
    Good memory. He was involved in a few dodgy moments against Liverpool. The spitting incident game against Sheffield United and the headbutting of Alonso when Brown was at Wigan spring to mind.

Pretty sure he was at fulham when he nutted alonso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

For starters, there's these:

He does things like that all the time. For the first time in his career, I applaud thee Stephen Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

nutted alonso,got a 3 match ban before,dunno about gerrard tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

daithijjj wrote: »
    Pretty sure he was at fulham when he nutted alonso.

Was he at Fulham for that? Either way it is just one of his many incidents when playing against Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fair enough, revenge is a dish best served late.

• Advertisement

Aquilani has the most boring voice i have ever heard!

Reina sounds exactly like Rafa doesnt he?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ha sweet.

won 4 - 1 and got to see gerrard smash michael brown.

a good day :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very silly from Gerrard but couldnt do it to a more deserving bloke, well unless it was Gary Neville :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just seen the replays how the **** did the ref miss that

brown was totally right it should be 3 game ban

if the ref says all he saw was a coming together and not the elbow then he gets the ban yeah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

kryogen wrote: »
    Aquilani has the most boring voice i have ever heard!

Reina sounds exactly like Rafa doesnt he?

lol who cares how his voice is, hes not a fecking singer :)
    Once his feet sing with a nice voice i dont care :D
    He was magic tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How can the FA act on this, if the ref didn't see it, why did he give a free kick, if the ref didn't think it was a card, how can the FA overrule him.
    Although i wouldn't be surprised if taggart had a word during the week and the FA charged him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Headshot wrote: »
    I just seen the replays how the **** did the ref miss that

brown was totally right it should be 3 game ban

feck him it wasnt that bad,now what brown did to ryan giggs was.or do ye have a short memory?

niallo27 wrote: »
    How can the FA act on this, if the ref didn't see it, why did he give a free kick, if the ref didn't think it was a card, how can the FA overrule him.
    Although i wouldn't be surprised if taggart had a word during the week and the FA charged him

the usual liverpool v man united could be avoided here if you dont mind smipy mcsniperson

if the ref says he saw a coming together but not the elbow itself i am pretty sure the FA can review it

open to correction of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

niallo27 wrote: »

It's about seeing the offence in question. He saw a coming together and gave a free kick. He has already said he didn't see the elbow. Therefore the FA can deal with it. Simples.

Regardless, Its typical Gerrard reaction. He obviously thought he was about to be attacked, and decided to get his retaliation in first. Wouldn't be the first time senior starfish has done that......

i love Avram Grant

• Advertisement

niallo, there'd be no one to blame if gerrard gets a ban other than gerrard himself. no great loss anyway, wasn't great again tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not sure the usual UTD V pool can be avoided when they are both talking in pool match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Kirby wrote: »

Regardless, Its typical Gerrard reaction. He obviously thought he was about to be attacked, and decided to get his retaliation in first. Wouldn't be the first time senior starfish has done that......

In fairness lads, there are very few players who wouldn't get a shot in in circumstances where it's warranted.

An old manager of mine used to say "a game may be 90 minutes, but an opportunity has years to present itself"

edit: No, the manager wasn't Roy Keane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

whats this starfish business about? im a bit slow

i hate craig burley

Aquilani impressed tonight

still have money on Lucas starting at OT however, but if Gerrard does get a ban in time for that game he may get the nid instead of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jazzy wrote: »
    whats this starfish business about? im a bit slow

Ever seen him dive? Every time he does it he goes down with arms and legs akimbo. Like a starfish. It's not clever, but football fans usually aren't. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wasn't watching the game but was it worse then Rio's swing that got him the 4 game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

niallo, there'd be no one to blame if gerrard gets a ban other than gerrard himself. no great loss anyway, wasn't great again tonight.

He had a few decent touches, linked up well for aquas goal, for me its either keep playing him or sell him, he will be up for the mancs next week.
    20 plus million in the summer i'd take it in a second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I thought Gerrards link up play was fairly good just wasn't his night in front of goal so I think he would be a loss

Regarding Brown - he's a pikey but that doesn't excuse what Gerrard did - should've waited to see him in a nightclub before taking the law into his own hands imo :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement