Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Portsmouth Mon 15th March 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kirby wrote: »

Regardless, Its typical Gerrard reaction. He obviously thought he was about to be attacked, and decided to get his retaliation in first. Wouldn't be the first time senior starfish has done that......

This is post of the year. I laughted out loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ever seen him dive? Every time he does it he goes down with arms and legs akimbo. Like a starfish. It's not clever, but football fans players usually aren't. :p

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

kryogen wrote: »
    Reina sounds exactly like Rafa doesnt he?

Baby Rafa :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Aquilani impressed tonight

still have money on Lucas starting at OT however, but if Gerrard does get a ban in time for that game he may get the nid instead of him?

I hope you're wrong - Masch got to sit back and do what he does best - snuff counters and play simple passes instead of having to help Lucas play expansive football and fúcking up long passes. Aqua would cause Fletcher problems if he played at OT imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RasTa wrote: »
    I wasn't watching the game but was it worse then Rio's swing that got him the 4 game?

arguably, it was certainly no worse is the best way to describe it

he came from behind him and smashed him in the face with his elbow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

PaulieC wrote: »
    I hope you're wrong - Masch got to sit back and do what he does best - snuff counters and play simple passes instead of having to help Lucas play expansive football and fúcking up long passes. Aqua would cause Fletcher problems if he played at OT imo.

Dunno. Aquilani is quite slow and I would think fletcher would keep him in his pocket. Still, I would definately have him in ahead of lucas, regardless of the opposition. He has a good footballing brain.

And It wouldn't be a Benitez interview without the quintessenial "Qwalitee" comment, would it?

PaulieC wrote: »

im not sure he would be up to the pace of a united liverpool game though tbh, he doesnt seem the quickest and i would certainly hope he wont bet getting time on the ball against us

Dunno. Aquilani is quite slow and I would think fletcher would keep him in his pocket.

:confused: Really?

He was a bundle of energy tonight and didn't seem to lack pace imo - If he plays like he did tonight I think Fletcher would be hard pushed to contain him - thats just my opinion though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

hahahahahahahah

• Advertisement

im not sure he would be up to the pace of a united liverpool game though tbh, he doesnt seem the quickest and i would certainly hope he wont bet getting time on the ball against us

My point is Liverpool played very good one touch football tonight - I know it was Portsmouth but I don't think Aquilani needed much time on the ball - he was very quickly passing and moving. Again - just my opinion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

brilliant.

what a biased view of what happened.still made me laugh tho.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Mr Alan wrote: »
    niallo, there'd be no one to blame if gerrard gets a ban other than gerrard himself. no great loss anyway, wasn't great again tonight.

Your Gerrard hating is embarrassing.

Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Your Gerrard hating is embarrassing.

Grow up.
    So who would you blame?

So who would you blame?

For what ? he did what he did, I don't care.

He played pretty well though. If Lucas had put in a performance half as good you'd have creamed yourself.

anplaya wrote: »
    brilliant.

what a biased view of what happened.still made me laugh tho.:D

is that a joke?

tell you what

you describe what happened?

• Advertisement

is that a joke?

tell you what

you describe what happened?

he meant to give him a hug and a cuddle but got the signals wrong

spockety wrote: »
    hahahahahahahah

do you have mental problems?

Rio Ferdinand, swings an elbow, doesnt actually make much of a connection

Gerrard floors his opponent with his elbow

the only possible reason for you ignoring the reality of this is mental issues because even biased pool fans saw what Gerrard did

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That seems to happen alot with Brown... I mean Gerrard

he meant to give him a hug and a cuddle but got the signals wrong

just as i thought

you were simply talking ****

no surprise is it

do you have mental problems?

Rio Ferdinand, swings an elbow, doesnt actually make much of a connection

Gerrard floors his opponent with his elbow

the only possible reason for you ignoring the reality of this is mental issues because even biased pool fans saw what Gerrard did

Oh I saw what he did alright :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I really don't like Gerrard the person, but Gerrard >>>>>>>>>>>> Brown.

So fair fcuking play Steven Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rosco, will you care wat he did if he gets banned for 3 or 4 games for it? lucas has been playing better than gerrard did tonight most of the season to be fair.

Oh I saw what he did alright :D

excellent contribution so

your a hero arent ya

the standard ban for violent conduct is 3 games yeah, he will only get the 4th if he appeals it

of course he will probably escape punishment altogether mind, and he should thank his lucky stars if he does

such a stupid childish thing to do, his head really is up his arse this season

rosco, will you care wat he did if he gets banned for 3 or 4 games for it? lucas has been playing better than gerrard did tonight most of the season to be fair.

So who would you prefer in your team then Alan, Lucas or Gerrard ?

the standard ban for violent conduct is 3 games yeah, he will only get the 4th if he appeals it

of course he will probably escape punishment altogether mind, and he should thank his lucky stars if he does

such a stupid childish thing to do, his head really is up his arse this season

He should thank his lucky starFISH!!

I don't think Gerrard will get banned btw

just as i thought

you were simply talking ****

no surprise is it

who cares if he gets banned,having a **** season anyway.way you described it was a bit over the top,he basically ran into back of him.ref saw it,gave a free kick.end of story.if the fa want to make something of it they will.otherwise stop **** stirring.ya must have nothing to discuss on the united forum atm then so.

he basically ran into back of him.ref saw it,gave a free kick.end of story.

Talk about myopic. It was an elbow strike man. Sort of thing belongs in the Octagon. It was silly and he will get banned because the ref didn't see it. He gave the free for a coming together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

were you talking to the ref? Nice contacts fella!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Even though Pool played like that tonight, I fully expect Benitez to have Kuyt and Lucas back in the side for the United game. Pity, because you Liverpool played like they did tonight with a bit of passing and moving the match on Sunday would be brilliant.

Talk about myopic. It was an elbow strike man. Sort of thing belongs in the Octagon. It was silly and he will get banned because the ref didn't see it. He gave the free for a coming together.

ah i know tongue in cheek.he wont be missed if he gets banned anyway.lot of people fed up of him this season,his whole attitude is wrong basically.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    were you talking to the ref? Nice contacts fella!

Ref was asked him after the game. He said he gave the free for a "coming together" and said he didn't see the elbow.

We will hopefully get over Thursday first - injury free

SantryRed wrote: »
    Even though Pool played like that tonight, I fully expect Benitez to have Kuyt and Lucas back in the side for the United game. Pity, because you Liverpool played like they did tonight with a bit of passing and moving the match on Sunday would be brilliant.

ye thinking that too,prob even have em back in side before that for lille game.stubborn man.

who cares if he gets banned,having a **** season anyway.way you described it was a bit over the top,he basically ran into back of him.ref saw it,gave a free kick.end of story.if the fa want to make something of it they will.otherwise stop **** stirring.ya must have nothing to discuss on the united forum atm then so.

its a united thread actually

and this has nothing to do with liverpool/united

the way i described it was exactly how it happened actually

The one pock mark on the match was the elbow that Steven Gerrard delivered to Michael Brown—unconscionable and pretty much everything that’s wrong with the way he’s played this season, surely a red. And why, in such a match? Some move from the man responsible for defining Liverpool’s character, and hopefully the FA takes some sort of retroactive measures. If it means he misses Sunday, so be it. It was a classless move and the last thing Liverpool need in this season.
    In the end, though, it was finally the type of display we’ve been dying to see from Liverpool. I keep telling myself I shouldn’t be so excited, but after a season in which they’ve struggled so much, it’s nice to see one settled in such a comprehensive manner. Shame that it’s coming so late in the year—I’m not convinced it’s too late, but they’re gonna need some help. Which they can give themselves, starting on Thursday.

thats from a liverpool fan site

are they describing it incorrectly too?

SantryRed wrote: »

I don't think it will matter. United may well anhilate Liverpool on Sunday either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    I don't think Gerrard will get banned btw

He won't be because the ref saw it and dealt with it there and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

England are welcome to O' Hara. Brown is the funniest player ever.

• Advertisement

I don't think it will matter. United may well anhilate Liverpool on Sunday either way.

Alot of people thought that aswell last year, what was the score again?:)

its a united thread actually

and this has nothing to do with liverpool/united

the way i described it was exactly how it happened actually

The one pock mark on the match was the elbow that Steven Gerrard delivered to Michael Brown—unconscionable and pretty much everything that’s wrong with the way he’s played this season, surely a red. And why, in such a match? Some move from the man responsible for defining Liverpool’s character, and hopefully the FA takes some sort of retroactive measures. If it means he misses Sunday, so be it. It was a classless move and the last thing Liverpool need in this season.
    In the end, though, it was finally the type of display we’ve been dying to see from Liverpool. I keep telling myself I shouldn’t be so excited, but after a season in which they’ve struggled so much, it’s nice to see one settled in such a comprehensive manner. Shame that it’s coming so late in the year—I’m not convinced it’s too late, but they’re gonna need some help. Which they can give themselves, starting on Thursday.

thats from a liverpool fan site

are they describing it incorrectly too?

ya dont listen to pool fans off this site so why bother off a pool fan site?
    ah im only messing about,sure i know exactly what he did.wouldnt be much of a loss anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Torres

Babel
    Yossi
    Maxi

Masch
    Aqui

or

Torres

Maxi
    Aqui
    Yossi

Masch
    Lucas

On current form Gerrard is not a massive loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Alot of people thought that aswell last year, what was the score again?:)

Yeah but Liverpool were actually decent last year.

i listen to a few of the pool fans on this site, certain posters will always have my respect and attention regardless of who they follow because of their personality and knowledge

I dunno whether i would like to see Gerrard play against us, he has been awful this season, but he will probably raise his game (like most pool players for their cup final) again next week if he does play

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Brown being hit is always a good thing.

I'd love to go back through that game and find something that Joe Royle actually got right or at least conceded he was wrong after the replay. Fouls for both sides, the penalty, the red card..everything he got wrong.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Brown being hit is always a good thing.

this is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

not a fan but my two cents:

if i were a fan and looking to summer spending id be thinking:

the pool need 2 centre backs,
    one player making midfielder,
    and one daycent wide man.
    (and a bit of a clear out to make way)

am i far off there?

i listen to a few of the pool fans on this site, certain posters will always have my respect and attention regardless of who they follow because of their personality and knowledge

I dunno whether i would like to see Gerrard play against us, he has been awful this season, but he will probably raise his game (like most pool players for their cup final) again next week if he does play

lol cup final. sly dig,nicely done.

tbh id rather him raise his game every game rather than twice a year.pointless if yer not winning anything.

thought you might like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

papagormo wrote: »
    not a fan but my two cents:

if i were a fan and looking to summer spending id be thinking:

the pool need 2 centre backs nothing much wrong with those we have apart from Carra getting on a bit
    one player making midfielder, Aquilani
    and one daycent wide man.Johnson should play there, Kelly at RB
    (and a bit of a clear out to make way) Gerrard, Kuyt, Babel, Degan,

am i far off there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement