Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Patch Monday 22/03 #523648

Options
  • 15-03-2010 2:37pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From DiCE :

*UPDATE* We have had to pull 522174 from release as QA found some last minute crash bugs on two of the multiplayer maps. The team is working on releasing it as soon as possible but can not confirm at this time if it will be today.

As some of you will have seen there is a new patch on EA download servers v522174.
    This isn't quite live yet but it will be shortly, also we are working on putting together the changelog for the patch and I'll add that to this post once I have it.

Changelog for 522174
    Single Player -
    Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
    Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
    Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
    Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
    Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
    Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
    Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
    Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
    Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
    Fixed: Server Browser showing “all servers” when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.
    Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
    Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
    Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
    Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
    Fixed: Display issue on long server names
    Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
    Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
    Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
    Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
    Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
    Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
    Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
    Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
    Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
    Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
    Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
    Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
    Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
    Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
    Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The only interesting items seems to be :

Server Browser showing “all servers” when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.
    Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As long as this fixes the login issues, i couldnt care less about what else is in the patch notes.

Kiith wrote: »
    As long as this fixes the login issues, i couldnt care less about what else is in the patch notes.

It doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Crazy just crazy...who gives a fcuk if it fixes this and that in spanish or Italian versions only. They could have just totally left everything in that patch that was fixed and put in on the backburner and just fixed ONE PROBLEM that its destroying the game....WTF!!!

I swear EA/DICE are so FUC>KING stupid that if they fell into a barrell of tits they would come out sucking their own FOOKIN THUMBS....****heads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Most people I know have never had any issue logging on bar when the master servers are down. The master server issue is annoying, they clearly dont have the infastructure in place to handle the volume of players that have bought the game.

In years gone past this would have been fixed in a few days, however with the financial situation the world is in today its not just going to happen over night, I'm not backing EA or Dice here just trying to be realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

What the hell is the point of this patch? Dice are totally inept. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Crazy just crazy...who gives a fcuk if it fixes this and that in spanish or Italian versions only. They could have just totally left everything in that patch that was fixed and put in on the backburner and just fixed ONE PROBLEM that its destroying the game....WTF!!!

I swear EA/DICE are so FUC>KING stupid that if they fell into a barrell of tits they would come out sucking their own FOOKIN THUMBS....****heads!!!

Have a coke and a smoke and chill out !!

It'll be fixed in time.

Anyone who played BF2 from the start will be used to this, I think we went through 15 patches or so

Also DICE aren't very stupid, they make great games, and have made this game that you care so much about that it infuriates you so. What have you made to compare ? They're doing their best, they have to support this game over a multitude of platforms now as opposed to just PC or 360.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Have a coke and a smoke and chill out !!

It'll be fixed in time.

Anyone who played BF2 from the start will be used to this, I think we went through 15 patches or so

Also DICE aren't very stupid, they make great games, and have made this game that you care so much about that it infuriates you so. What have you made to compare ? They're doing their best, they have to support this game over a multitude of platforms now as opposed to just PC or 360.

*sniffs some coke*

aaah thanks

You guy's are TOTALLY missing the point here...I dont even have these problems and I am so pissed. It was the same with EMPIRE:TOTAL WAR. They take our money and run.

You would not see steam take credit card details and only debit them WHEN THE GAME WORKS!!!!!

If we were to use the same analogy with a new car you would be fit to kill....you get a new car pay for it in full and it only starts even 2nd day...and when it does it cuts out at any time!!!

They (devs) released a shoddy game...knowing that they can patch it till kingdome come. The demand for a game you cannot blame them but for everything else...ABSOLUTELY. It become so common place with the PC platform that we take it for granted now and accept it....so in fairness all you PRO SAYERS...you really need to grow a pair and RUN AMUCK!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did you know games are meant to be a release from stress, a form of escapism to be enjoyed ?

If you are getting so annoyed and stressed you should really just turn it off.

Unfortunately this is the state of things now, we always get unfinished games that get patched bit by bit. Just gonna have to accept it, its still only the first week and half since release and they've fixed a fair few of the major issues.

Anyways, its only a stopgap till BF3 comes out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Every battlefield games is ****ed for the first 1-2 weeks.

I'm playing them like a religion since the first, same ****, every release.

Relax and it will be grand ;)

Maybe I am coming across more annoyed then I am, TBH I am not even having the problems that the others are having. But if we keep accepting this as normal it will get worse. I mean the patch is not even fixing the core problems....any way.....Happy Paddy's Day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

new update has been released - currently downloading it!

fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

MR DAZ wrote: »
    new update has been released - currently downloading it!

fingers crossed
    I only got the game yesterday on PC, playing the single player campaign yesterday and earlier today.
    This new patch just downloaded about 10 mins ago and now the game quits to desktop with no error message as soon as I load my save. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Yeah same ..and disconnects still happening

lafortezza wrote: »
    I only got the game yesterday on PC, playing the single player campaign yesterday and earlier today.
    This new patch just downloaded about 10 mins ago and now the game quits to desktop with no error message as soon as I load my save. :(

Same thing happened to me after the first patch. I had to restart the SP campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

....any way.....Happy Paddy's Day ;)

Rewind your clock !

BTW, you don't have to download the patch if you don't want to. You'll still be able to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hope it sorts out the white screen. Nothing worse than working hard, getting an unlock, and then getting a white screen, and having to wait until the end of the game before you exit, or you loose the unlocks :(

the_syco wrote: »
    Hope it sorts out the white screen. Nothing worse than working hard, getting an unlock, and then getting a white screen, and having to wait until the end of the game before you exit, or you loose the unlocks :(

changelist on first page. It doesn't fix the white screen. DiCE have said that it is most likely an ATI problem and it's ATI that need to bring out BC2 drivers the same way that Nvidia already have done.

I found that by changing my settings to DX9 and playing on HIGH I no longer get the "white screen crash".

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    changelist on first page. It doesn't fix the white screen. DiCE have said that it is most likely an ATI problem and it's ATI that need to bring out BC2 drivers the same way that Nvidia already have done.
    Aye, and I found it funny the way that DiCE blamed it on the graphics card, yet the same problem affected two of the main manufactures.
    I found that by changing my settings to DX9 and playing on HIGH I no longer get the "white screen crash".
    Will try that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Im getting a prompt to i install 522175 - should I leave it? I only play online.

My version is 519874

yankinlk wrote: »
    Im getting a prompt to i install 522175 - should I leave it? I only play online.

My version is 519874

Up to you though it breaks more things than it fixes it seems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

OK, I see i can still play online - but after 2 minutes on TIG I had a CTD...grrr it was working perfect.

Only getting 45-50 FPS, but no white screens of death, so excellent :D Hope ATI brings out a patch for the problem, though.

DX9....with no AA? You cannot enable any AA in DX9 AFAIK. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

WTF? Of course you can enable AA in DX9!! Just not through the DX9 codepath for this game for some reason.

I wonder if forcing it through drivers will allow some sort of AA to happen?

LMAO....I dont mean in DX9 in general Dubs....I mean in this game. TBH even when I set up my game in advanced the AA does not work. I have to force it in the CCC and change the .ini file.

AFAIK becoz of the consoles you cannot set the AA in game with DX9 set, and even when forced its not looking to good.

Nope but it's better than a crash every 5 minutes

• Advertisement

New patch being released today

This is a small update for a bug that was found the same day that we released the previous patch.

Changes:
    • Server browser downloads 100 entries instead of 500 in a chunk – this makes the “Cancel” button more responsive
    • Fixed crash during server browser refresh
    • Low-level networking library switched back to the optimized version (the game client was temporarily running with one that had more debugging logic in it)
    • Localization fixes in the scoreboard

Advertisement