Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nu Metal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I like System of a Down if they fall under nu-metal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is Nu Metal not more in it's death throes at this stage? There isn't too many bands of the biggest Nu Metal bands left going is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Denny M wrote: »
    Is Nu Metal not more in it's death throes at this stage? There isn't too many bands of the biggest Nu Metal bands left going is there?

Limp Bizkit have a new album due out this year. So do KoRn, but there's only 3 of the 5 original members left. Both Ill Nino and (Hed) p.e. are still going. Deftones have a new album on the way, and Static X are still flying it. Papa Roach and Linkin Park branched out into other styles of music.

Suppose its not as big as it was. It's still deadly though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Limp Bizkit have a new album due out this year. So do KoRn, but there's only 3 of the 5 original members left. Both Ill Nino and (Hed) p.e. are still going. Deftones have a new album on the way, and Static X are still flying it. Papa Roach and Linkin Park branched out into other styles of music.

Suppose its not as big as it was. It's still deadly though
    I was geniunely not aware Korn was still together O_O Was never a fan of Limp Bizkit, Deftones were decent though. Never really listened to Static X or (Hed) p.e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Nu Metal?

*shudder*

thats one thing im glad that its no longer popular. WTF were we thinking?

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Nu Metal?

*shudder*

We were young and confused! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Nu Metal?

*shudder*

a1 sharron ,really could never understand this ,no offence ment but i just couldnt stand the whole style ,the attitude,the clothes and personalised addidas bottoms w.t.f ,glad its faded away

in the words of cathedral

**death to nu metal**

:):):):):):):):):):)

a1 sharron ,really could never understand this ,no offence ment but i just couldnt stand the whole style ,the attitude,the clothes and personalised addidas bottoms w.t.f ,glad its faded away

in the words of cathedral

**death to nu metal**

:):):):):):):):):):)

in the words of steel panther (paraphrased) "Death to all NU metal"

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Nu metal is Butt-Metal

• Advertisement

Ah yes, here's the anti-nu metal brigade.

People say they hate nu metal but they never really say why. Anyone want to?

Ah yes, here's the anti-nu metal brigade.

People say they hate nu metal but they never really say why. Anyone want to?
    Well I liked it when I was erm 12.

Its kiddy/teen music, something you like till you find somethng better. Ridiculous fashion sense, coupled with scratching effects that rappers/RnB would be proud of does not a good metal record make.

... oh and this,
    128971613573965165.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nu metal came along when music was in a state of flux.It spawned some out standing albums like Korn or Slipknots debuts but was also responsible for some awful muck - Slipknot and Korns later albums,Limp Bizdick,Stone Sour etc etc etc.

It served its purpose in getting rock music past the grunge phase but did little else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Numetal did spawn some rubbish. The deftones though have gone on to create some pretty good music in my opinion.
    I must admit, I have a LB album in my collection, the one with nookie on it, but if you want to laugh at fred durst and co, they're about as pointless and funny as deicide, morbid angel, cannibal corpse, or cradle of filth or norwegian black metal bands. the fact that those guys (deicide et al but especially norwegian black metal bands) actually take themselves seriously is a joke in itself. it's sh*t whatever angle you look at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Most Nu Metal sucked, Limp Bizkit had slight relevance and I would possibly go to see them if they were in my area and I had the money, but otherwise the genre was a joke

These are all such narrow minded, general wish-wash statements. It would be like someone coming on here and saying all Metal music is shouting and roaring, or whatever. To call nu metal a joke and say its all rubbish is such a ridiculous statement. I knew starting this topic there would probably be a reaction from, in fairness, people who like what it is cool to like in the metal scene.

I love the way it stopped being cool to like Nu Metal after a while. People can be such sheep sometimes

... oh and this,
    128971613573965165.jpg

The 80's called, it wants most of the stuff discussed on this forum back

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

ooOOOOoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

IMO nu metal is dead now, it was great at the time (early Slipknot, Korn, Static X etc.) but it has run its course. Any nu-metal band still going these days are now releasing ****e.

Also I refuse to classify Deftones as nu-metal.

• Advertisement

These are all such narrow minded, general wish-wash statements. It would be like someone coming on here and saying all Metal music is shouting and roaring, or whatever. To call nu metal a joke and say its all rubbish is such a ridiculous statement. I knew starting this topic there would probably be a reaction from, in fairness, people who like what it is cool to like in the metal scene.

I love the way it stopped being cool to like Nu Metal after a while. People can be such sheep sometimes

That's generalizing things a lot too. Some of us just don't like it, plain and simple, not because it's not "cool"

That's generalizing things a lot too. Some of us just don't like it, plain and simple, not because it's not "cool"

And thats fair enough, I was more refering to the people who came on, slated nu metal with no reason, and went off again

And thats fair enough, I was more refering to the people who came on, slated nu metal with no reason, and went off again

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Still, we all get people like that, not just metalheads

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

IMO nu metal is dead now, it was great at the time (early Slipknot, Korn, Static X etc.) but it has run its course. Any nu-metal band still going these days are now releasing ****e.

Also I refuse to classify Deftones as nu-metal.

I agree, it's definitely run it's course. It reminds me of being like 14, the only bands I'd still listen to these days the odd, odd time is Slipknot and Korn. The rest I can't bare, especially Limp Bizkit!
    Have to say though, it was all pretty cool at the time.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Still, we all get people like that, not just metalheads

Shur dont I know!

There just seems to be an awful stigma against nu metal. Most people say they grew out of it. To me, its kinda only starting to make sense now. "just think about it, you'll get it" as the great Fred Durst puts it

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Nu metal came along when music was in a state of flux.It spawned some out standing albums like Korn or Slipknots debuts but was also responsible for some awful muck - Slipknot and Korns later albums,Limp Bizdick,Stone Sour etc etc etc.

It served its purpose in getting rock music past the grunge phase but did little else.

What's the obsession with Korn's first record? I'm a massive fan, but that and Life is Peachy are practically unlistenable

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is too easy to just say that Nu Metal was one particular sound. Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed, Powerman 5000 and even Incubus have all been lumped under the Nu metal banner at one point or another.

I take a much simpler view of the different genres of metal. Does not matter to me if it is heavy, thrash, speed, death, Nu, grunge, black, or whatever kind of metal. If a band makes good music then that's enough for me, if that band makes great music then I'm onto a winner.

Same goes for pretty much any type of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Kess73 wrote: »
    It is too easy to just say that Nu Metal was one particular sound. Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed, Powerman 5000 and even Incubus have all been lumped under the Nu metal banner at one point or another.

I take a much simpler view of the different genres of metal. Does not matter to me if it is heavy, thrash, speed, death, Nu, grunge, black, or whatever kind of metal. If a band makes good music then that's enough for me, if that band makes great music then I'm onto a winner.

Same goes for pretty much any type of music.

this.

but i will go on to say that the only good limp bizkit song is an instrumental limp bizkit song.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Nu Metal can stay buried, it had some redeeming qualities, and if Limp Bizkit toured in my area I would be tempted to go and see them for the sake of having seen them...their music "takes me back" to a time in my life more so then the music itself being relatively important to what I listened to then or listen to now

I was at a gig a few years ago in Dublin that I went to with a friend by chance, American Head Charge supported by Twin Method, and that made me laugh because they're both gone now (AHC cancelled the tour a few days later) and they were both "flag bearers" in the US for Nu Metal.....oh well....when I think of the crowd at that time...and what people were wearing lol

• Advertisement

good music is timeless...

nu metal on the other hand...

Advertisement