Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nu Metal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Ah yes, here's the anti-nu metal brigade.

People say they hate nu metal but they never really say why. Anyone want to?

i said why :D

and also no guitar solos ,booooooo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Max Power1 wrote: »
    good music is timeless...

nu metal on the other hand...

....is still going, as a matter or fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Gerard.C wrote: »
    ....is still going, as a matter or fact.
    That doesn't mean much, ChuckleVision is "still going", it doesn't automatically make it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Most Nu metal is just boring sounding corporate metal-by-numbers.

Look, a wise man once said: There are only two types of music in the world - good and bad. Sure, perhaps you can't tar all nu-metal with the same brush, bet generally speaking, it's mostly not worth one's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Also I refuse to classify Deftones as nu-metal.

Agreed. They were just lumped in with all those other bands.

• Advertisement

Agreed. They were just lumped in with all those other bands.

they are most definitly nu metal they were one of the 1st nu metal bands along with korn ,and both had 1st albums that where not great but one or two listenable songs ,and then there next albums they changed there style of music wtf

deftones didnt change there style just got worse ,korn went all hip hop and then there next one i think went more rappy then back to some sort of heavyness (make up your mind )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Nu Metal - ah the folly of youth.

Death Metal/Grindcore/Sludge/Every other genre - ah the tamed ear of the old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

deftones are amazing. i wish ill on any person the speak illeth of them.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    deftones are amazing. i wish ill on any person the speak illeth of them.

i now have a sore throat ,thanks alot steve :D ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Deftones "white pony" is one of the finest albums of the decade.

korns first 3 albums are great,

i'll repeat any limp bizkit song with no vocals is a great one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Cool_CM wrote: »
    That doesn't mean much, ChuckleVision is "still going", it doesn't automatically make it good.

thats a fair point. but at least Paul and Barry were on form for nigh-on 20yr..

but even as the title suggested. nu-metal, like the adolescence of those to whom it appealed to, was always likely to be shortlived n become well, old.

however the tills just keep 'rollin rollin roll-in..' to a tweenie Limp Bizkit must be the stuff of 'lore

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

O_O Chucklevision is still on? I haven't seen that in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Denny M wrote: »
    O_O Chucklevision is still on? I haven't seen that in years!

i.. cannot confirm this. _CM? last saw it a year ago.. i think.. the boys are too busy touring. bigger draw than the deftones apparently. raking it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

they are most definitly nu metal they were one of the 1st nu metal bands along with korn ,and both had 1st albums that where not great but one or two listenable songs ,and then there next albums they changed there style of music wtf

deftones didnt change there style just got worse ,korn went all hip hop and then there next one i think went more rappy then back to some sort of heavyness (make up your mind )

Maybe there first album could be classified as such cause of the time it was released and their association with Korn, but their later albums aren't nu metal. They are the best band to have emerged from the whole nu metal scene.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deftones are not nu-metal.Far from it actually.

i dont see how they are not nu metal ,and dont see how there music has changed either .they have everything nu metal is .riffs and no solos ,that whingey vocal which then turns into shouting ..oh and they had the addias bottoms too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I think they started off at Nu Metal and then just evolved out of it. I'm not really sure what they are now. I remember White Pony being an amazing album and very far from nu metal-ey. I haven't listened to anything after that.

There are bands that'll just be stuck in their genre and then there are ones who'll try something new. I admire Deftones for doing that something.

i liked two of the songs on there 1st album,but when the 2nd one had come around ,i just think it wasnt what they where on the 1st one ,kinda like korn a listenable 1st album and then when the 2nd album came it was complete diffrent ,i wanted to hear more of the same

i suppose thats just me i like to hear what i heard on bands 1st albums ,thats what majority of fans want ,or maybe thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

02.jpg

Advertisement