Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting headlights checked pre NCT

Options
  • 15-03-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a place in Galway to get headlights checked pre NCT?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Any garage will do a headlight check for you. Most of them advertise a "pre NCT check" on all things tested.

I'm guessing you mean to make sure they're level right?

And by the way I wouldn't go paying anybody to check headlights before the NCT......

Book NCT
    Do NCT
    If it fails, get items on fail sheet sorted before retest

A lot of people spend needless money on things before the NCT*

(* some things are essential, like spending money on tyres, brakes etc etc, but needless money spent sometimes on services like: "check function of horn" or "check function of wipers" as some garages advertise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dockfive

Cheers.

Yeah, I meant making sure that they are level.

Sounds like good advice, but just one thing, if I did fail on the lights would I then have to pay again to have the NCT re test or does the initial fee cover the second test?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Dockfive wrote: »
    Cheers.

Yeah, I meant making sure that they are level.

Sounds like good advice, but just one thing, if I did fail on the lights would I then have to pay again to have the NCT re test or does the initial fee cover the second test?

Thanks

If any part of the machinery has to be used, there's a fee involved. I think it's €27 or something pretty close to that. In this case, if you fail the NCT on your headlights, a retest fee will apply.

But if it's a visual retest, say you failed on below-thread-level-tyres, when you replace them they'll just have a look and charge you nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can adjust the headlights yourself, google it.
    If they fail then Galway Car Service do it for 20.

Advertisement