Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite players - Currently active

• 15-03-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just thought I'd through up this thread to see who everyones favourite players are currently active..

I'll fire away with mine,

Vince Carter since the day he was drafted!
    - The guy is an animal, you can say he plays with no heart but Toronto didn't do enough for him and ultimately forced him out. I think he's a great superstar because his he keeps his ego in check, he could easily demand the ball every play but he doesn't, he's been a great influence for Dwight this season aswell and has no problem taking a back seat if others are playing great and as we know he can turn it up and break down aby defense when he has to. He's a class act, favourite player of all time and always will be

Also love to watch Durantula, JR Smith and Birdman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dwayne Wade would probably be my favorite or one of my favorite players at the moment. I really think he is a joy to watch, he has no fear and drives it to the basket whenever he can. Comes across as a cool guy as well.

Steve Nash is pure class as well and still putting out crazy numbers for his age. He is a real gentleman too both on and off the court.

Love to watch Chris Paul play due to his sheer ability.

Nowitzki is unstoppable when on form, one of the best shooters in the game for a big man.

Tony Parker would also be one of my favorites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Dwyane Wade and Kevin Durant for me at the moment. It would be amazing to see Wade on a good team where he doesn't need to score 40 per night to be sure of winning.

And I love the OKC team, such a ridiculously talented young team, that statistically are one of the better defensive teams in the league which is surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

lafortezza wrote: »
    And I love the OKC team, such a ridiculously talented young team, that statistically are one of the better defensive teams in the league which is surprising.

Yeah OKC are pretty stacked aswell, pity there not in Seattle anymore. I think they could pull off an upset in the Playoffs just like the Warriors/Mavs series. Russ Westbrooks is sick aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

been a kobe hater for a fair while since like 1999, but coming round now to liking him. more respect for his game since i reckon he is a tool.

nash, durant and billups are class to watch.

I also liek watching rookie Curry, Jazz Williams too.

Bored watching Lebron and Howard tho thats strange, I think its more to do with how their team offense works.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Another Kobe hater :p I love watching him play, but not too fond of him off the court.

Steph Curry is amazing to watch, his game is so fluid, watched the game against Orlando a few nights back and he really is a shining light on a very very bad team.

Yeah I'm not a Lebron fan at all, he does do spectacular things but his game is very reliant on his freakish physique and I have noticed he gets alot of favouritism from the refs..

I hope Brandon Jennings can get out of the slump he is in at the moment, I would like to see him and Tyreke go right down to the wire for the ROY, I don't think Curry will get it purely because of the team he is on. Ditto with Dwight aswell he gets very boring to watch and their offense is too focused on him and if he's getting double teamed etc they rely on other players to kinda just make their own plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MarvinMartian

Always been a massive Jason Kidd fan... even to this day he still has the ability to change a game..

I can't understand the dislike of LeBron, the statistics alone speak from themselves... Sometimes I get annoyed at his really over the top blocks but there's nobody else even in the same league. The way he handles himself off the court has to be admired as well.

I think Tyreke is going to be the next big thing, he looks to have everything. Heard an interesting statistic the other day, if he gets his 20-5-5 average for the season he'll be only the 4th rookie ever to achieve it, the others..... Oscar Robertson, Jordan and Lebron.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Always loved Shaq! Was a b'ball fanatic up til about 2001 so not really up to date on the stars of today... I love the look of this Durant kid, Ray Allen...

From back in the day, gimme some Chuck, Larry Johnson, Clide Drexler, Stockton, Nique Wilkins, Reggie Miller, Isaiah Thomas, Olajuwon, Magic Johnson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Can't believe nobody has said Rajon Rondo.... He's on a team full of stars and pulls a double double more or less every game, regularly is our top rebounder too.... Absoloutely the most underrated guy in the sport!!!!

On another note Mota Ellis is quite epic too :)

Advertisement