Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Madness

• 15-03-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Selection Sunday is done and dusted and now the big dance is here! The brackets are out but it is a strange field with North Carolina, UCLA and Indiana all missing out after poor seasons.

Kansas, Kentucky, Duke and Syracuse are the top seeds with Kansas looking particularly impressive throughout the season. Its very rare that there seems to be as big a gulf in class between the top seeds and the rest of their bracket but from my viewings this year it seems pretty clear that most other contenders are pretty flawed and the winner will come from this bunch, specifically Kansas and Kentucky. Kansas has a roster full of NBA level players and has the experience at key postitions from the 2008 national champions. I would be shocked if they didn't win the tournament.

I have to say I'm disappointed with the layouts of the brackets. When you look at the Mid West which is Kansas' section you see Ohio State, Georgia Tech and Michigan State. This is quite a package of teams at the top seeded positions and yet when you look elsewhere it's not too difficult to see an easy passage for number 1's in the West and South. It does have the look of giving Duke a protected run through to the Final 4 which I think is a mistake because their team is not all that impressive and to be honest I would fancy the chances of an Ohio State beating them if they were drawn together.

It's never fun to pick the final four as the top seeds but I cant look past Kansas, Kentucky and Syracuse to go through so as the final member of four I'll go out on a limb and say that Duke will be knocked out in the sweet sixteen by Texas A&M. The Aggies will have hometown support with the game hosted by Houston and they impressed me in defeat to Kansas and Texas this season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

MM has been excellent so far!

Can't believe Kansas are out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

And Notre Dame and Villanova out too.. My team are playing today cant wait!! Kentucky are on fire..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I'm going to become a Butler fan after that game. It was the best College Basketball game I've watched in a long time if ever. There were no players that dominated with their athleticism, so it was all schemes and execution which was the beauty of it. Just too bad he didn't hit that half court shot at the very end:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Sea Devils wrote: »
    I'm going to become a Butler fan after that game. It was the best College Basketball game I've watched in a long time if ever. There were no players that dominated with their athleticism, so it was all schemes and execution which was the beauty of it. Just too bad he didn't hit that half court shot at the very end:(

You can add me to the fan club too. Fantastic game that was enthralling from start to finish. Was screaming at the tv when he missed that shot, would of been great if he scored. Not a fan of Duke at all but they play do play some decent stuff and shoot the ball well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

A helluva game, really enjoyed it. Love March Madness, would love to go see the final four some year... Same as u guys, I'm a Butler fan now!

Few yrs ago, when Ch4 had their regular bball coverage, they had a show all about March Madness. I can't remember who won (I wanna say 97??) but I became a Syracuse fan just from watching that show. They were a bit like Butler - underdogs - but they were run n gun, great to watch.

Their two stars, John Wallace & (Bobby?) Simms ended up in the L.
    Wallace with NY, Simms originally with the then Charlotte Hornets I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement